NFL Season Tickets and the playoffs...

vampz26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Chicago
As some of you may know, I'm a Chicago Bears fan, and of course most of my friends are Chicago Bears fans. One of my friends is a season ticket holder. Well, when you have season tickets, you are obligated to guy playoff tickets if your team is fortunate enough....otherwise, you forfeit your season tickets forever...

Well, as we know...the Bears are doing well comparatively in their division, but its not a stong division this year, and they certainly don't look like a playoff team in spite of the fact...so anyway, my friend gets his invoice already for playoff tickets.

He's having a fit at the moment because he is like, "why the heck am I going to cough up 1000 bucks up front for games that probably aren't going to happen, and if they do, I'm sure I'm not going to enjoy them..." And he is probably right...

Anyway, just putting this thought out there for comment...I'm just not sure if I agree with him or not...:confused:

Any chance you can show that offer? $1000? When we had season tix I never remember seeing anything like this. We were sent notices that we had the right of first refusal, an early-bird buy in, etc; but never that we would lose our season tix or that we would not be able to renew them in the same spot next season if we didn't buy playoff tix. PLUS, if you hold 2 season tix, and they "reserve" 2 PO tix it would be for the 1st round and at a round at a time right? So I would love to know how that $1000 was reached.. Even 4 tix shouldn't come to $1000. I would love to read exactly what he was sent; it sounds like extortion if true.

I Don't disagree with you one bit. Sounded odd to me too which is why I thought it worthy of comment. Here was the email he sent:

They’re kidding me, right? They have 6 games left to throw away before the season is over.

Now I am going to have to spend and extra $1000.00 for games that I will not see and will not enjoy the outcome!

And here is what he forwarded to me...

Subject: Playoff ticket invoices

November 22, 2008

Dear Season Ticket Holder,
Thank you for your continued support during the 2008 Season.

As you are well aware, the race in the NFC North division is up for grabs. We are in a three-way tie for first place. At this time, we do not know if we will host a Wild Card or Divisional Playoff game. The only thing we do know is that we control our own destiny to win the division and host a playoff game.

We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you in January at Soldier Field for a Chicago Bears home playoff game. Playoff invoices were mailed yesterday and have a due date of Monday, December 8, 2008 for receipt of payment in full.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Ticket Office at 847-615-BEAR (2327).

Once again, thank you for your support during the 2008 Season and please be on the lookout for your playoff invoice.

Go Bears!

Chicago Bears Ticket Office

Thats all I got.

I'm sure every sports franchises runs the show their own way, but still...

Hmm I didn't see any mention of cost in that. But found info on their website. Is he a PSL or non-PSL holder? And how many seats?

Hmm I didn't see any mention of cost in that. But found info on their website. Is he a PSL or non-PSL holder? And how many seats?

I honestly do not know...( they aren't my tickets). I just know that he has two seats on the club section side and I go to the game with him from time to time...

I just thought it sounded a little extreme just like you did....

Yes, he must be PSL, his seats are in the third tier C3 section...

PSL INFO AND CHART - Chicago Bears

I lived in Chicago for 7 years and when I used to work for the old Chicago Sportchannel, we would cover the games with on field reports. If remember correctly, the season ticket holders ALSO had to buy some kind of seat license to have the right to buy season tickets....is that still the case?

For Cleveland teams, I think how it works is that the season ticket holders have first dibs at the seats. (Thus the early invoice and due date). If you chose not to purchase playoff tickets, they just go into a pot for the public to purchase. The season ticket holders aren't punished if they chose not to buy the playoff tickets though.

For Cleveland teams, I think how it works is that the season ticket holders have first dibs at the seats. (Thus the early invoice and due date). If you chose not to purchase playoff tickets, they just go into a pot for the public to purchase. The season ticket holders aren't punished if they chose not to buy the playoff tickets though.

Unfortunately, this is Chicago and they tend to do things different and in some cases, ass backwards....:(:rolleyes:

I'm also a Bears season ticket holder & have the letters her in front of me know. I'm sure that $1000 was for multiple tickets. I have the least expensive tickets(non PSL) in the stadium, $68 for a regular game. For the playoffs they are $108 for a divisional game & $140 for the NFC championship game. So $248 for 2 games x 4 tix = $992 + $3 service charge. You can choose to either have the $ refunded if not used or applied to next years tickets. It also says the ticket cost is determined by the NFL. Money has to be in by 12/8 or your right to these tickets is forfeited.

I didn't know Cleveland had teams that go to the playoffs...unless you're talking about James' team before he goes to N.Y..:rolleyes::D

Ditto for Indy!!!...;)

....otherwise, you forfeit your season tickets forever...

I'm also a Bears season ticket holder & have the letters her in front of me know. I'm sure that $1000 was for multiple tickets. I have the least expensive tickets(non PSL) in the stadium, $68 for a regular game. For the playoffs they are $108 for a divisional game & $140 for the NFC championship game. So $248 for 2 games x 4 tix = $992 + $3 service charge. You can choose to either have the $ refunded if not used or applied to next years tickets. It also says the ticket cost is determined by the NFL. Money has to be in by 12/8 or your right to these tickets is forfeited.

Just don't buy the playoff tickets. It will not affect your 2009 tickets.

Just don't buy the playoff tickets. It will not affect your 2009 tickets.

A PSL holder does have to buy the tickets, I don't. But, why wouldn't I? If they make the playoffs, & I don't want to go or can't go, I can sell the tickets for twice what I paid, no problem. If they don't make it, I just have to send in less for next years renewal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts