NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just like I said in another thread, why would I pay twice as much for a package that shows 10 times fewer games than EI and is only broadcasting 1 day a week?
I agree its over priced. $200 is fair.

Its $319 for Existing customers.

Retentions was offering the AUTO RENEW price at $299 to existing customers too, But without a fight she lowered it to $255. Still a little more then I wanted to spend, But I wasn't about to fight about it, I just won't buy it next year if its still $300.
I agree I like football, But all your paying for is Directvs Exclusive rights.

demand is why; it is how our system works; if demand bombs and supply is up the prices will go down or the product inventory will lessen or the offering will just go away altogether. it is simple economics. prices are always based on what the market will bear. you are not comparing like items by saying one sport offers 150 games vs another with 16; its just not the same. i could offer you a sports package of 150 games of paint drying matches for $100 are you going to say this is more worth your dollar just because you seemingly get more for your money? NO, plain and simple. it is all simply about the type, quality and the overall demand for a product, not its volume or total programming quantity count / amount of shows or channels.

Last edited:
demand is why; it is how our system works; if demand bombs and supply is up the prices will go down or the product inventory will lessen or just go away. it is simple economics. prices are always based on what the market will bear. you are not comparing like items by saying one sport offers 150 games vs another with 16; its just not the same.
I wonder how many subs they have for each seasonal sports pack?

Maybe they do somewhere like an investor's report or SEC filing. I doubt some info is just released just for the sake of having it out there; you can have info overload and somethings can be just a waste of time & money if it adds no REAL value. Somethings must be kept quiet for SEC rules, dont know if this is of that type.

Saw JetBlue is now airing NFL Ticket on thier planes, thats pretty cool.

Does anyone know if NFL ticket price drops later in season say Thanksgiving?

They usually do a "half-season" offer. Last I saw it was the remaining half of the CURRENT season AND ALL of NEXT season for a combined price. I do not remember just a deal for only half of a current season. Could be wrong tho.

demand is why; it is how our system works; if demand bombs and supply is up the prices will go down or the product inventory will lessen or the offering will just go away altogether. it is simple economics. prices are always based on what the market will bear. you are not comparing like items by saying one sport offers 150 games vs another with 16; its just not the same. i could offer you a sports package of 150 games of paint drying matches for $100 are you going to say this is more worth your dollar just because you seemingly get more for your money? NO, plain and simple. it is all simply about the type, quality and the overall demand for a product, not its volume or total programming quantity count / amount of shows or channels.
Which is exactly why Direct is giving discounts and subs are not signing up

there really have been no firm reports of this package dropping in overall numbers at all.

discounts and credits have always been in the mix on this and most other offerings; it is no surprise and nothing new / not based on sub numbers. they (discount & credits) are likely a pre-built-in margin and almost always passed along to everyone in one way or another. in other words, their overall sub growth and profit margins are not taking ANY hits.

Which is exactly why Direct is giving discounts and subs are not signing up

This is why they may be lowering the price next year.
Also, don't forget, they took the price down by $100 already this year, when they gave us all FREE HD.

i think they really more just consolidated from the way it was setup before, but anything cheaper while maintaining the same offering is A-OK and we will gladly see next season!

Also, don't forget, they took the price down by $100 already this year, when they gave us all FREE HD.
Free HD ? Is that what you call it?;)
You mean when they stopped ripping people off for charging Extra for NFL ST games in HD when Everyone was already paying the HD access fee.
And receiving HD on everyother package except NFL ST.

NFL Sunday Ticket with Super fan also wasn't $400 last year either.

More like $369 and NFL ST with HD this year is $319.

$369
____

$50

So down by $100, sure, But Raised $50 as well.:p:p:p

Free HD ? Is that what you call it?;)
You mean when they stopped ripping people off for charging Extra for NFL ST games in HD when Everyone was already paying the HD access fee.
And receiving HD on everyother package except NFL ST.

NFL Sunday Ticket with Super fan also wasn't $400 last year either.

More like $369 and NFL ST with HD this year is $319.

$369
____

$50

So down by $100, sure, But Raised $50 as well.:p:p:p

Ok, however you want to twist it ......

Had it been the old way you and I would have PAID the SF $ 100 fee either way.
We wouldn't have liked it, but we would have paid it.

I agree, if you look at previous post over the last 3 years you'll see that I have been against the SF/HD fee all along.

Last year I had Sunday Ticket with Super Fan and after my monthly discounts that I received when I signed up for the package I paid a total of $79.94. This year I have Sunday Ticket and the To-Go package and after my monthly discounts that I received when I signed up for the package I'm paying a total of $179.94.

All I care about is what I'm ACTUALLY paying, I could care less as to what they are charging for and what they aren't charging for, ie Super Fan, HD, etc.

I'm paying $100 more this year for the exact same thing.

So ,if you go to one of the " Ticket " channels , it shows $ 44.95 . Is that for the day , 1 game , or a monthly installment of a new Sunday Ticket Price ? Directv cannot even do that right ! That do not say . Guess you order it first ? Lol .

So ,if you go to one of the " Ticket " channels , it shows $ 44.95 . Is that for the day , 1 game , or a monthly installment of a new Sunday Ticket Price ? Directv cannot even do that right ! That do not say . Guess you order it first ? Lol .

LOL!!! Too funny; re-read your post before you make claims about people not being able to do things correctly. Remember the saying about throwing stones in glass houses? Geez; it's an all-out gripe-fest now that summer is over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)