NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish does not make current subscribers extend their contract for programming. When they give you free or reduced cost you are not obligated to sign a contract. That includes free or reduced premium programming. Dish does not always make you sign a contract extension for new equipment either but that is more customer specific.

ay0or8.jpg

gotta love the false advertising there
$45 increase after 3 months? Only if you keep the free movie channels (you can drop them no charge)
$480 term fee? Sure if you cancel in the 1st month
$2500 2 year contract? Thats over $100 a month.....so 1st year discount makes it $30-$40 a month. so those 2nd year discounts must make it go really up :rolleyes:
Cripes I've had Directv for 32 months now and I can assure I havent paid even close to that (way less than that)

Commiecast has a 39.99 package I see all the time on tv and in ads....yep and after 6 months it jumps to 79.99 and after a year it goes to "regular price".....but they dont list the price.

The only thing I know of DIrectv extending a contract for programming was folks who got free NFL ST after their promo was up.....and I thought it was just a year extension

Wow, there's going to be some severe complaints next year. It will be interesting to see the ball drop on that...

not really. This is the 2nd year they've done the free NFL ST for new subs. They can cancel it next year if they want. Lots of folks did that (and some got pretty good deals too)

Dish did offer Multi sports for free last year. So it is possible. As for Sunday Ticket. More games on Thursdays this season means less games on Sunday Ticket. Over priced, and I can only watch two complete games per week, and not one will involve Payton Manning or his brother Eli. Stupid commercials. So I pay more to basically try to do manually what Red Zone does automatically. EI, CI, and LP are useful. ST not so much.

gotta love the false advertising there
$45 increase after 3 months? Only if you keep the free movie channels (you can drop them no charge)
$480 term fee? Sure if you cancel in the 1st month
$2500 2 year contract? Thats over $100 a month.....so 1st year discount makes it $30-$40 a month. so those 2nd year discounts must make it go really up :rolleyes:
Cripes I've had Directv for 32 months now and I can assure I havent paid even close to that (way less than that)

Commiecast has a 39.99 package I see all the time on tv and in ads....yep and after 6 months it jumps to 79.99 and after a year it goes to "regular price".....but they dont list the price.

So, that makes it misleading, not false, which most of these ads by TV providers are anyway...

You could make the same thing about any provider, including Dish. Misleading is exactly what it is if you add the implication that Dish is somehow better than DirecTV and use that as evidence.

So, that makes it misleading, not false, which most of these ads by TV providers are anyway...

You could make the same thing about any provider, including Dish.
:confused: I thought I already did...

Misleading is exactly what it is if you add the implication that Dish is somehow better than DirecTV and use that as evidence.
Not sure what that has to do with the Urlacher ad. It's misleading because the numbers shown may be correct, but they're all basically a worst case scenario, which the commercial fails to say.

:confused: I thought I already did...

Not sure what that has to do with the Urlacher ad. It's misleading because the numbers shown may be correct, but they're all basically a worst case scenario, which the commercial fails to say.

I was actually restating and agreeing with you about the content, but it was posted on the Dish forum as a shot at DirecTV. The implication for that use would be that Dish isn't the same, but we all know that is not the case.

I was actually restating and agreeing with you about the content, but it was posted on the Dish forum as a shot at DirecTV. The implication for that use would be that Dish isn't the same, but we all know that is not the case.

You're implication that is, since you're a DirecTV sub. ;)

While clipping coupons from the Sunday paper inserts, I looked at the fine print in the Direct add. With their promos, you HAVE to call to cancel them. With the Sunday Ticket, you have to call and cancel before the 2nd year starts, otherwise you will be charged for the full season at what they say is a special rate.

correct. You do get a renewal notice a month before they actually bill you on the 2nd year so you just call and cancel....just like you do with both providers and those free movie channels

All that for a one-time freebie, but stuck for the second year? I'm sure there are those who would jump at it, but every sports lover I gave details of this offer just said something like, "nah, forget it" or "I don't want to get it for free then get stuck without it for a year!" It is a good deal for some, but I think the people I know who are sports fans are more money-wise and view the free ST as a rip. Not that it is necessarily a rip-off, just that some people view it as such. To each his own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts