NGC HD, A&E HD, HDNet and HDNet Movies on Comcast by years end:

It would seem that something has held the deal up which of course is why I didn't say it was a 100% chance. I'm still trying to find out what the issue is but come on some of you make it out like we promised the channel will be available.

Just asking. Plus you did say:

My contacts feel very very sure that HDNet is a done deal and is just a matter of crossing the "T"s and dotting the "I"s.

Just asking. Plus you did say:

I know you were just asking and my quote wasn't to attack anyone but it came off stronger than I thought. I'm fully aware of what I said but it seems that things have changed. My contacts are saying they have no idea what happened but they have a feeling that somebody pissed somebody else off if you know what I mean. Also keep in mind that I haven't had my Comcast contacts for that long to really get a feel of their full access. These contacts thus far have been pretty on thus far which is why I still do trust them.

Bottom line is that something happened that they never saw coming and it seems it was a big something because last I heard talks have stopped. Again this is coming from the same contacts so as of now until I have a better track record with them you should take this with the grain of salt you should. These are also contacts at Comcast Corporate HQ by the way.

I know you were just asking and my quote wasn't to attack anyone but it came off stronger than I thought. I'm fully aware of what I said but it seems that things have changed. My contacts are saying they have no idea what happened but they have a feeling that somebody pissed somebody else off if you know what I mean. Also keep in mind that I haven't had my Comcast contacts for that long to really get a feel of their full access. These contacts thus far have been pretty on thus far which is why I still do trust them.

Bottom line is that something happened that they never saw coming and it seems it was a big something because last I heard talks have stopped. Again this is coming from the same contacts so as of now until I have a better track record with them you should take this with the grain of salt you should. These are also contacts at Comcast Corporate HQ by the way.

I'm sure you are well aware of what you said. I quoted it to point out what I was responding to. I thought that was obvious but apparently not. So essentially negotiations have still not been successful and we have learned nothing from the original post regarding HDNet. And the fact that these contacts are at "Comcast Corporate HQ" has made little difference, especially since they have "no idea what happened". I erroneously put too much stock in the worth of the information provided and will be sure not to make that mistake in the future.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)