NGC HD, A&E HD, HDNet and HDNet Movies on Comcast by years end:

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I just found out that Comcast of New England will for sure be adding A&E HD and National Geographic Channel HD by years end. I've also been told that they feel that a national contract for HDNet and HDNet Movies will also be done before years end. My contacts feel very very sure that HDNet is a done deal and is just a matter of crossing the "T"s and dotting the "I"s. I also did find out that HDNet and HDNet movies will most likely be added as part of the new upcoming Sports and Entertainment package. Right now most markets have both a Sports Pack "and" a Digital Premier Pack which are extra charges. Well from what I've been told is that soon by years end both the Sports Pack and the Digital Premier Pack will be merging into one package which will be called the Sports and Entertainment Pack and will be priced around 5-8 bucks a month. All current channels in the Sports and Digital Premier packs will be in the new sports and entertainment package at the new low price including a few others such as NFL Network. So in the future we will have the following channels as part of the Sports and Entertainment Pack listed below which will cost between 5-8 bucks a month extra. If you currently get the Sports Pack and/or the Digital Premier Pack you will be converted into the new Sports and Entertainment package at whatever the price is in your area. So say you pay 4 bucks a month for the Sports Pack you can either keep the Sports Pack or you can upgrade to the new package and pay the difference.

Sports and Entertainment Pack:

Turner Classic Movies
Oxygen
Bloomberg
AZN-TV
NBA TV
Celticvision
fuse
BET on Jazz
Fox Movies FXM
The Speed Channel
Outdoor Channel
Fox Soccer Channel
TV Games
CSTV
Fox College Sports Atlantic
Fox College Sports Central
Fox College Sports Pacific
NFL Network
Tennis Channel
HDNet
HDNet Movies

The above channels and maybe a few more will soon be part of one single package called the Sports and Entertainment Pack. The Sports Pack and Digital Premier Paks will no longer be offered and only customers who have them today can keep them but if they want a new channel included in the new Sports and Entertainment Pack they must upgrade to it at the current price and at that point they can no longer go back to their previous package such as the Sports Pack only.

I hope this helps you out. Also A&E HD and NGC HD won't be part of this new package and will be included in a basic digital package like Classic but I'm not sure which one yet.

I'm well aware that A&E and NGC HD are up and running in a few systems but as my title said I'm talking about Comcast of New England which as we know isn't running yet. Also I made my post mainly to inform you all about the HDNet news but I figured I would add the other two channels for those who didn't read or know about it yet.

I'm well aware that A&E and NGC HD are up and running in a few systems but as my title said I'm talking about Comcast of New England which as we know isn't running yet. Also I made my post mainly to inform you all about the HDNet news but I figured I would add the other two channels for those who didn't read or know about it yet.

No need to be defensive. I was providing information, same as you.

i moved to CT from Long Island. Why doesnt Comcast have the Mets channel. dont they own it with time warner

thanks for the update on the new channels

No your title says NGC HD, A&E HD, HDNet and HDNet Movies on Comcast by years end, nothing about New England till your post.

No need to be defensive. I was providing information, same as you.

Sorry I wasn't being defensive but more about saying I knew about the AVSForum posts but was just adding that I got confirmation that these will be coming to the New England markets. Sorry but after reading my post again it did indeed sound defensive lol. Also I never mind others posting what you did as if I didn't know about it IMO it confirms what I was told which is a good thing. Remember when I hear something it might be old news as I'm not around here as much as I used to be in the past.

No your title says NGC HD, A&E HD, HDNet and HDNet Movies on Comcast by years end, nothing about New England till your post.

Yup your correct about that and I made a mistake. Either way if people fully read my post they would know I was talking about Comcast of New England as I was very clear about putting that in my post. Either way you have a good eye.;)

Slamming aside! What are the odds that we will get HDNET anytime soon. I thought HDNET catered to DBS.

Slamming aside! What are the odds that we will get HDNET anytime soon. I thought HDNET catered to DBS.

I'd say an 80% chance HDNet and HDNet movies will be on Comcast before years end. Also HDNet doesn't cater towards DBS at all as they have been working to get on Comcast forever and they are on nearly all other average or better cable companies.

I'm hoping they put HDNET/HDNET MOVIES on the digital silver package i don't want to[nor should i/we]have to pay much more than we're paying now to get them imho.

I'm hoping they put HDNET/HDNET MOVIES on the digital silver package i don't want to[nor should i/we]have to pay much more than we're paying now to get them imho.

Honestly I'd rather pay an extra 5 bucks a month for the choice to buy both HDNets along with some other channels than not have the choice at all and that is the gist I'm getting. You may not order it but at least people will have the choice soon which is better than what they have now which is no choice.

We were just switched to comcast a few weeks ago (so we already have HDNET and HDNET Movies, but lack UHD and TNT HD). Regardless, this is classic comcast wording:

"In an ongoing effort to enhance our HD channel Line up, INDH2 will be removed on Dec 14th".

Now I know INHD2 is going away completely, but "effort to enhance"? come on, tell the public the truth..

-t

Cool thread... thanks I'm switching back to Comcast Wednesday... theyre adding Mobile

I just found out that Comcast of New England will for sure be adding A&E HD and National Geographic Channel HD by years end. I've also been told that they feel that a national contract for HDNet and HDNet Movies will also be done before years end. My contacts feel very very sure that HDNet is a done deal and is just a matter of crossing the "T"s and dotting the "I"s. I also did find out that HDNet and HDNet movies will most likely be added as part of the new upcoming Sports and Entertainment package. Right now most markets have both a Sports Pack "and" a Digital Premier Pack which are extra charges. Well from what I've been told is that soon by years end both the Sports Pack and the Digital Premier Pack will be merging into one package which will be called the Sports and Entertainment Pack and will be priced around 5-8 bucks a month. All current channels in the Sports and Digital Premier packs will be in the new sports and entertainment package at the new low price including a few others such as NFL Network. So in the future we will have the following channels as part of the Sports and Entertainment Pack listed below which will cost between 5-8 bucks a month extra. If you currently get the Sports Pack and/or the Digital Premier Pack you will be converted into the new Sports and Entertainment package at whatever the price is in your area. So say you pay 4 bucks a month for the Sports Pack you can either keep the Sports Pack or you can upgrade to the new package and pay the difference.

Sports and Entertainment Pack:

Turner Classic Movies
Oxygen
Bloomberg
AZN-TV
NBA TV
Celticvision
fuse
BET on Jazz
Fox Movies FXM
The Speed Channel
Outdoor Channel
Fox Soccer Channel
TV Games
CSTV
Fox College Sports Atlantic
Fox College Sports Central
Fox College Sports Pacific
NFL Network
Tennis Channel
HDNet
HDNet Movies

The above channels and maybe a few more will soon be part of one single package called the Sports and Entertainment Pack. The Sports Pack and Digital Premier Paks will no longer be offered and only customers who have them today can keep them but if they want a new channel included in the new Sports and Entertainment Pack they must upgrade to it at the current price and at that point they can no longer go back to their previous package such as the Sports Pack only.

I hope this helps you out. Also A&E HD and NGC HD won't be part of this new package and will be included in a basic digital package like Classic but I'm not sure which one yet.

Thanks for the info, I'm glad I'm switching back to Comcast Wednesday. They are offering mobile for $33 bundle now in Boston, MA & Portland OR.
http://news.com.com/Comcast+starts+offering+wireless+phone+service/2100-1037_3-6139092.html

We were just switched to comcast a few weeks ago (so we already have HDNET and HDNET Movies, but lack UHD and TNT HD). Regardless, this is classic comcast wording:

"In an ongoing effort to enhance our HD channel Line up, INDH2 will be removed on Dec 14th".

Now I know INHD2 is going away completely, but "effort to enhance"? come on, tell the public the truth..

-t

We just had a newspaper posting saying it was going on 12/31 and "Thank you for your support". Nothing about any replacement.

I wrote them a letter asking why we haven't had an HD channel added here since TNTHD in March 2005. We are a 750Mhz system, no ADS, with VOD and yet we have 20 redundant west coast feeds of the premiums taking up space. Why extra feeds when VOD is available?!

Drop them and add some HD content, like other Comcast areas have; ESPN2HD, UHD, MHD and the newer A&E-HD & Nat Geo-HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts