NHL 2011-12 Season

BillD1984 said:
That sucks, he just got back.

Picture in picture tonight for you Pittsburgh fans, with the Pens and Steelers playing.

No watching steelers I kept a eye on the hockey game but they lost so I won't watch it.

They didn't take them out of the game. They will still get to play twice a year and possibly more depending if they make it deep into the playoffs.

2 games a year against you biggest rivalry, Yippie :rolleyes:

It will be next to impossible to get tickets to those Big games now if they are only playing once a year (2 game series, not even 2w home and 2 away, just 2 , period).

Jimbo said:

It will be next to impossible to get tickets to those Big games now if they are only playing once a year (2 game series, not even 2w home and 2 away, just 2 , period).

IDK our biggest rivals, flyers, capitals and rangers are in our division.

So who would you consider the Wings biggest rival?

So who would you consider the Wings biggest rival?

Jimbo's opinion will matter more than mine here, but it seems like the Wings have been so good for so long that their main rivals are from their Stanley Cup series...like the Avalanche and Sharks.

Sandra

Jimbo's opinion will matter more than mine here, but it seems like the Wings have been so good for so long that their main rivals are from their Stanley Cup series...like the Avalanche and Sharks.

Sandra

I can see those as being rivals but if the wings would have moved east like the fans wanted they would have lost those rivals anyway. They would have played maybe once every couple of years instead of twice a year.

I can see those as being rivals but if the wings would have moved east like the fans wanted they would have lost those rivals anyway. They would have played maybe once every couple of years instead of twice a year.

The Wings are in a different situation than most because their historic rivalries with the original six teams were marginalized long ago when Detroit moved to the West.

Sandra

The Wings are in a different situation than most because their historic rivalries with the original six teams were marginalized long ago when Detroit moved to the West.

Sandra

Trust me I fully understand the history of the wings as I grew up a wings fan and lived it the first 21 years of my life while living 60 miles from Detroit.

I agree with what you have said and that is why I don't understand Jimbos hate of the change. They will renew many of those rivalries with being able to play all of those teams twice a year instead of once every couple of years.

I also don't think the realignment is done. It will come down to what Phoenix does this odd season. If they move east then they will join one of the 7 team conference. If they stay west or in the central time zone Detroit or Columbus will likely still move to round to the conferences.

I also don't think the realignment is done. It will come down to what Phoenix does this odd season. If they move east then they will join one of the 7 team conference. If they stay west or in the central time zone Detroit or Columbus will likely still move to round to the conferences.

Well there are now four conferences, so all that matters if there are 7 or 8 teams in the conference. Nothing else needs to be rounded out.

Sandra

I like the fact that (again in the west) that the rivalries can be rebuilt or built with teams closer together. I know when the North Stars were around Chicago was their biggest rival but also had a good rivalry with St Louis

Kinda hard for the Wild to say that their rivalries are with Edmonton and Vancouver now. Its not like we can travel to the games easily ;)
Chicago, St Louis, Winnipeg can be easily travel to :)

Forgot to mention I am happy that everyone plays each team twice.
The Wild play Toronto, Buffalo, Montreal, Philly, and Ottawa only once and its on the road

But we've played Edmonton already 4 times this year :rolleyes:

I'm just glad that Lou Lamoriello didn't get his way for a change. He was behind the 'old' way before the lockout where you played each team in your division eight times, each team in your conference three or four times, and each team out of conference once. That was terrible.

Lamoriello just wanted to make sure the Rangers and Flyers came into his building four times each, guaranteeing him eight sell outs a year. That's what that whole schedule was about, and everyone else had to suffer because of it.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts