NHL Center Ice Blackout

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If he moved, he would loose his locals from Dish. That could or could not be a big deal. As far as switching providers that may not be an option as it is in my case. I have to much stored on my dvr and ehd's to consider dropping Dish. And, here is a big reason, my wife has figured out how to use the dvr. She never was able to figure out my BUD. So if the wife is happy, I'm happy.

Its not a perfect scenario. I like Dish and wouldn't want to switch to any other provider at this point. The perfect scenario would be for Dish to add the RSNs they are missing and make the full time HD while they are at it.

The bottom line is that scenario doesn't exist right now. Unfortunately the OP's only legal options are to "move" to another teams market and take advantage of the half off CI deal, switch providers, or do without his games.

When I "moved", the chat CSR asked me if I wanted to switch my locals as well, so it appears that keeping the locals is an option? May be worth a try.

I am a mover myself. I am in the same sports markets as my actual address but my locals are from the next county over. I live 2 miles from the county line and work and do just about everything in the other county. Cable offers the locals that I actually wanted at my address but satellite does not so I "moved".

If you "move" you don't get an option to switch RSNs but not locals though. You get whatever Dish has decided you are supposed to get at that address both for locals and RSNs.

If you "move" you don't get an option to switch RSNs but not locals though. You get whatever Dish has decided you are supposed to get at that address both for locals and RSNs.
Maybe the question about my locals was more of a "are you really sure you want to do this" kind of question, as I was moving much farther away from my original location.

Another option: Instead of switching providers, see what kind of minimum packages another local provider offers that would get them the RSN they need...but still keep Dish instead of doing a full switch.

wether game carried or not irrelavent, huh

I think you need to re-read my post. But since you'd rather complain about something (or I guess me) let me dissect it for you

Any games involving your local teams will be blacked out on NHL CI. This is universal across all providers.
true fact there. Here in MN any Wild game will be blacked out. In the Op's case it would be the Sabres

They want you to watch it on the local RSN...
which for the OP is on MSG Alternate (Buffalo version of MSG)

now here is where you get confused

now whether or not its carried is irrelevant, you are still blacked out
Because Dish doesnt carry MSG it is irrelevant when it comes to blackouts. They are still blacked out in the Buffalo market even though Dish subs have no way of watching the games

No where did I talk about Canadian vs. Canadian teams games. I was speaking of the RSN for his market

Another option: Instead of switching providers, see what kind of minimum packages another local provider offers that would get them the RSN they need...but still keep Dish instead of doing a full switch.

Looked into that. Currently I have RR with Lifeline cable and it costs me $62/mo. Upping my cable to Basic would have increased the cost to $105/mo. Being retired, I have to watch my expenses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)