NHL Center Ice contract?

WhenYouAwake

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Western MA
Does Dish not have a contract with Center Ice yet? I only ask because I noticed I have a $90.00 credit showing on the web site, and this is what I found under recent activity. I've had CI for three years, got the letter for the automatic renewal, and had the charge show on the last two statements. When I check Purchase History on my box it shows nothing, and it was showing CI. The free preview ends in a couple days.

10/02 10/03 NHL CENTER ICE -$40.95
10/03 10/03 NHL CENTER ICE 09-10 03 OF 04 03:00 A.M -$-0.00
10/03 10/03 NHL CENTER ICE 09-10 04 OF 04 03:00 A.M -$-0.00
10/03 10/03 NHL CENTER ICE 09-10 03 OF 04 03:00 A.M $40.95
10/03 10/03 NHL CENTER ICE 09-10 04 OF 04 03:00 A.M $40.95

Last edited:
I had the same thing happen to me, I thought I was crazy or messed up somehow. I've had Center Ice for 3 years and expected it to auto-renew, which it did. Sort of. A few weeks ago my latest bill has all of these credits on it exactly like yours. I called Dish and they said the note on my account says that there was a system error that caused Dish to add NHL CI to my account. I told them it was no error, I did want the package and it was set to auto renew. I think you're right, something else was going on. Make sure you get the early bird price. I had to make sure I wasn't getting charged for the standard price (I think early bird was 163 and change) since it was a month later, looks like that price is good through Halloween. Good luck.

I had the same thing happen to me, I thought I was crazy or messed up somehow. I've had Center Ice for 3 years and expected it to auto-renew, which it did. Sort of. A few weeks ago my latest bill has all of these credits on it exactly like yours. I called Dish and they said the note on my account says that there was a system error that caused Dish to add NHL CI to my account. I told them it was no error, I did want the package and it was set to auto renew. I think you're right, something else was going on. Make sure you get the early bird price. I had to make sure I wasn't getting charged for the standard price (I think early bird was 163 and change) since it was a month later, looks like that price is good through Halloween. Good luck.

Yes watch them.
I had auto renew at the four easy payments and I changed it to the one payment.
When I checked my bill was $370 they had charged for the one time payment and still had me charged for the four payments. So I was paying twice for the same package.
It took at least four calls to CSRs to get it fixed.
Now I like CI but not enough to pay for it twice.

I wouldn't have thought twice about the whole thing if it was just the web site, but when it disappeared from the purchase history menu on my box I thought something might be up. Today is the last day of the free preview. I'll wait a few days and see if I still have it. I'll double check but I think the early bird price goes until the 31st.

Well I just checked the games for tonight, the free preview is over, and I don't have Center Ice. In four years I've never had a billing problem of any kind. Please let this go smoothly.