NHL Center Ice games not on and others not in HD

QCK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
So I am a new customer to dish and subscribed to NHL center ice. I have found out that no Canadian games are on live in HD and many of the other games are blacked out, delayed and/or only available in SD. What the heck? Why do they even offer this package when it does not allow you to see all the games in HD live. I have this package, top250 and multisport and still am incredibly limited to what is offered. I'm very disappointed with what is being offered. Who wants to watch a game in HD at 2am, seriously?

The only way to get all of the games in HD is to sub to DirecTV. Dish is limited in their bandwidth that they are wanting to offer for the HDRSN's which unfortunately leads to limited HD availability when it comes to NBA league pass and NHL Center Ice.

So I am a new customer to dish and subscribed to NHL center ice. I have found out that no Canadian games are on live in HD and many of the other games are blacked out, delayed and/or only available in SD. What the heck? Why do they even offer this package when it does not allow you to see all the games in HD live. I have this package, top250 and multisport and still am incredibly limited to what is offered. I'm very disappointed with what is being offered. Who wants to watch a game in HD at 2am, seriously?
You are not correct about no Canadian games in HD. Just last weekend there were two Canadian games in HD. Also the NHL network carries a lot of Hockey night in Canada games and ALL are in HD.
Other than games carried on MSG, NY Rangers, the Buffalo team ect, most other games are carried in HD most times both team's broadcasts are carried in HD.

I'm not talking about the NHL network, I'm complaining about NHL center ice. For example tonight not one single game is available in SD or HD. Ottawa vs Chicago is blacked our, Toronto vs Edmonton is not available, Winnipeg vs St. Louis is tape delayed, Dallas vs Montreal is blacked out, New York Islanders vs Ranges is tape delayed, Anaheim vs Philadelphia is tape delayed, so the Only game for me to watch live is Tampa Bay vs New Jersey on NBCSP. I rest my case...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SatelliteGuys mobile app

You are not correct about no Canadian games in HD. Just last weekend there were two Canadian games in HD. Also the NHL network carries a lot of Hockey night in Canada games and ALL are in HD.
Other than games carried on MSG, NY Rangers, the Buffalo team ect, most other games are carried in HD most times both team's broadcasts are carried in HD.

No games from CSN Philly in HD. There were likely more Canadian games from Canadian stations NOT in HD than were in HD. More often than not, Canadian team feeds are not HD. Not sure how DirecTv covers that.

NHL Network is sporadic in its coverage of Canadian team vs Canadian team. This week will be Leafs vs. Canucks but last week's Leafs vs. Penguins was not picked up. They took Rangers vs. Red Wings instead. It's hit and miss.

I think the NHLs Center Ice webpage spells out that games carried in HD and some in SD may be dictated by carriage agreements or lack thereof.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm not talking about the NHL network, I'm complaining about NHL center ice. For example tonight not one single game is available in SD or HD. Ottawa vs Chicago is blacked our, Toronto vs Edmonton is not available, Winnipeg vs St. Louis is tape delayed, Dallas vs Montreal is blacked out, New York Islanders vs Ranges is tape delayed, Anaheim vs Philadelphia is tape delayed, so the Only game for me to watch live is Tampa Bay vs New Jersey on NBCSP. I rest my case...

Really? Where do you live? Unless a team claims your city in its blackout area, you should get any game on Center Ice not in your restricted area.

Bizarre.

Every game that is done in Canada by Sportsnet & TSN is in HD. Only the odd Saturday game by the CBC is not in HDTV due to lack of equipment.

I'm in Alabama

I live in the Red Wings coverage area and I'm a Wings fan, but my wife is from Ontario and is still a Maple Leafs fan, so we subscribe to center ice for her. And I share everyone's frustration at this. While we have always been able to watch her games in one way or another, the vast majority of the time the Leafs feed is not in HD. If we wanted to watch the other team's home feed, usually HD is available there, but not the Leafs home feed. Usually they are on Hockey Night In Canada, which is carried in HD, but that is normally the only time. It is frustrating, for the amount of money we spend, especially since we buy it to only follow one team, since I am covered for my team by our regional channel.

Every game that is done in Canada by Sportsnet & TSN is in HD. Only the odd Saturday game by the CBC is not in HDTV due to lack of equipment.

I don't think this is true. I believe yesterday's Leafs game was on Sportsnet, and she had to watch it in SD. And then check out this screenshot from my slingbox for tonight's game:

(Hmm, I can't upload a picture for some reason? I hope it is ok to put a link to it.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nx2ljqgf8p3kyb/Screen.jpg

On TSN, but no HD feed available.

Yes It's true, it is just that Dish is not offering the HD version to us.

So I called a CSR again last night and he was able to see that I had not been setup to receive the games on Center Ice. I'm not sure why the day before the CSR & next level CSR could not see this. So really the only big drawback is the games being broadcast in Canada are not offered in HD.

As was mentioned earlier, if Dish has the network in HD, then the CI game will be in HD. Explains why the Canadian broadcasts are not in HD, since none of the Canadian channels are offered by Dish. The only exception is the HNIC broadcast, since it is simulcast on NHL Network HD and Dish receives it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)