NHL Center Ice - HD Broadcasts from Canada on US sports networks

AdamGott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
I am watching the Avalanche at Ottawa on Altitude from NHL Center Ice and it looks like crap. In fact, all of the HD broadcasts originating from Canada this year have looked like crap on Altitude. Is it like this for the other US sports networks broadcasts on NHL CI? How about on Direct TV or even directly from the RSN's?

Tonight it looks like upconverted SD but other times it almost looks like someone smeared Vaseline on all of the camera lenses!

Huh? Altitude is a US RSN in Colorado.

The SD Altitude games (and all SD games in fact) always look like crap. However the HD games on Altitude looks just as good as the rest of the HD games. I agree that the Canadian SD games seem to look just a little worse than the RSN SD games, not sure why that is. Nothing is as bad as the occasional times that a game is shown via Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia! It is nearly unwatchable. I would love to see the Canadian RSN feeds in HD. Doubt it would happen, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I've seen what Adam is talking about. I didn't catch the game last night but I did see an HD game Altitude was carrying from Canada and it looked the same way he's explaining. Seems like all the other Altitude games have looked fine though?

Yes, Altitude games that originate in the US always look pretty good but those that originate in Canada look crappy every time. I was wondering if this was the same for other US based RSN's or if this is unique to Altitude?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)