NHL Center Ice - HD Playoffs (rant)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AdamGott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
Come on Dish! There are only four games on tonight and only two are on Center Ice. Why do you have to show three different versions of Colorado vs. San Jose and NO HD broadcasts of the Philly vs. NJ game?

Yes it sucks but Dish doesn't carry MSG-HD, so they can't show that feed and CSN-Philly isn't even on satellite (even though I've seen that Directv shows Phillies games on MLB Extra Innings from that network..)

No Center Ice subscribers will get MSG-HD. They are in a pissing match with the NHL and withhold the HD feed from Center Ice, including directv. If directv lists it as HD, then it is just the SD feed on an an HD channel. A little better, but not HD.
As said before, CSN-Philly HD will never be in HD. They have a contract for Center Ice, so occasionally a game via the CSN-Philly feed is used, but like MSG, no way they ever let Center Ice have it.

Here's a different rant: I am in the L.A area, so I can't watch the Kings on Versus -- only on the RSN (which I can't get from Dish anyway, since I have HD Absolute). On 4/15, Versus carried the Montreal/Washington game at 4:00 p.m. (PDT) and the L.A./Vancouver game at 7:00 p.m. The first game went into overtime, and as the the overtime started (at 7:00 p.m.), the Versus broadcast was cut and I got a message on my screen that I wasn't authorized to view this program.

I already had my phone ready because I figured this would happen. I immediately called Dish and tried to keep my cool, but when the tech said he didn't think he could get the broadcast back, I lost it and read the riot act to him and told him to get me the person responsible for erroneously cutting the program or I was discontinuing service with Dish now. I had a long wait on hold and was finally cut off. A few minutes later, Versus was on again and the game was over -- they were just transferring over to the second game. So I watched a game for three hours and was denied viewing the finish because some idiot sets the timer and figures his job is done.

The only positive I got from this farce was that they kept the second game (which I wasn't supposed to see) on for about 20 minutes before they pulled the plug.

Dish needs to clean up their act. They don't have the right to pull the plug on a program that its subscribers have contracted and paid for, all for the sake of expedience for Dish. Someone needs to be responsible for monitoring all sports program blackouts to ascertain that they are not cheating their paying customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)