NHL Center Ice is diff on dish then Directv ?

Surprisingly the TWC version of NHL CI is actually better than Dish, which I had for the last three years.

How so?

1. We get the MSG games in HD, not only the buffalo, but the rangers, devils and islanders, when the appear on the regular msg and msg+

2. We get a mosiac channel of 4 games on at the same time on one channel, and if the game is in sd, the quality has been actually quite good, compared to the overcompressed sd I had in the past.

3. We get replays, something that I never saw before on the dedicated nhlci channels. If I miss a game overnight; I can watch many of them later during the night or the following morning or afternoon.

4. We have been getting the rogersportsnet and tsn hd feeds at times on the one always dedicated hd nhlci channel. So that along with my msg hd channels, the nhl net and hnic in hd, and versus hd, I am quite pleased with my nhlci on TWC.

The biggest downfall is the TWC is no where in the same class as Dish.

I don't know about where you live but here in Cincinnati TWC has only ONE HD channel for CI and they share it with the NBA package so guess which league get the HD channel.
I know this because I was checking into cable a while back and the TWC folks told me this.

I don't know about where you live but here in Cincinnati TWC has only ONE HD channel for CI and they share it with the NBA package so guess which league get the HD channel.
I know this because I was checking into cable a while back and the TWC folks told me this.

In the Buffalo Area, we have a dedicated NHCI HD Channel (some nights we get a east coast and then a west coast HD game like this Wed 1/13 & Thurs 1/14); we get MSG and MSG+ in HD, plus the Buffalo Sabres MSG Channel; we get HNIC on the NHL Network in HD every Saturday, along with the Vs HD games and the NBC Games in HD.:)

Two straight Sunday nights of watching the Ducks and Blackhawks with that terrible KDOC feed has my eyes hurting big time. It's unfortunate when neither broadcast is on one of the RSNs because the picture quality really takes a step backward with local station broadcasts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)