NHL Center Ice Now Available

cwalter428

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2005
Pulled this off the Dish Network Website. About time! Can't wait to watch the game again!

NHL CENTER ICE
NHL hockey is back! And now it has all the changes hockey fans have been demanding. Every game will have more speed and more flow as teams will be more offensive-minded. There will be a better on-ice product and more competitive balance in the quest for the Stanley Cup. The rule changes will further maximize the excitement of hockey -- a shootout will be implemented to decide tie games and a new rivalry-based schedule will heighten interest.

NHL CENTER ICE let’s you experience this season with the most coverage possible with over 1,100 games* from around the League, including the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup playoffs and select games broadcast in high-definition.

Don’t miss the Free Preview from October 5 – October 11 on channels 540 – 558.

To thank loyal NHL fans, NHL CENTER ICE is now available for $30 off the full season price! Order the Early Bird package by October 31, 2005 to receive this special price of $129 or 3 payments of $43.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/ppv/sports_events/hockey/index.shtml

HD.... ?

I sure hope so. I wanna believe what dish types, but they are the only ones that make a mention of it so far. Nothing on DirecTV.

cwalter428 said:
Pulled this off the Dish Network Website. About time! Can't wait to watch the game again!
<snip>
To thank loyal NHL fans, NHL CENTER ICE is now available for $30 off the full season price! Order the Early Bird package by October 31, 2005 to receive this special price of $129 or 3 payments of $43.

I was hoping for a better price after last year's debacle...but $129 isn't all that bad. The best news is the Stanley Cup Champions play on my local RSN. :)

I wish they would come out with an HD only package for half that. Granted would be less games but I cant watch SD games like soccer, football and hockey.

Excellent!! Thanks for the note. It took a while for them to update. Just got Dish a few weeks ago just for the hockey package.

Any idea if Center Ice carries pre-season games?

Maybe they should update the FAQ page! :)

What are the current prices of NHL CENTER ICE?
Early Bird Offer --$139 (Through October 7, 2003)
Regular Season Offer --$159

When does the Free Preview begin and end?
NHL CENTER ICE offers a Free Preview to all Dish Network subscribers. During this time, you will be able to view all 10 NHL CENTER ICE channels at no additional cost. The Early Bird Free Preview begins on October 8th and ends on October 14th. (Half season free preview: 1/12/04 – 1/18/04)

Just a little out of date I would say!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if CI carries any of the Canada network feeds?

Also, I wonder how I can get a commitment from Dish to show available HD games in HD. The biggest reason I left Dish years ago was their failure to provide Fow Sports West 2 after they advertised I would receive all my local teams games (I only got 1/2 of them on FSW), so I'm not inclined to believe them on the NHL HD issue on the website...

Re: Canada

Yes, that's a major factor, seeing the canadien teams.

For the HD. If you don't care about saving $30 bucks, you can give them a chance to show an HD game during the freepreview, or maybe they'll have a schedule before the $30 savings expires

BFG said:
Re: Canada

Yes, that's a major factor, seeing the canadien teams.

For the HD. If you don't care about saving $30 bucks, you can give them a chance to show an HD game during the freepreview, or maybe they'll have a schedule before the $30 savings expires

Yeah, I care about the $30, but it says in the website notice that you get the discount through 10/31/05. Maybe I'll check out the free preview and see if there is any HD. The preview is the 1st week of the season, right? So you don't lose coverage by watching the preview first. Cool!

oh I didn't realize that the $30 off actually was good after the season started.

Usually those deals exist to get you to order before the season begins. So deffinetly order after the free preview

Brewer4 said:
I wish they would come out with an HD only package for half that. Granted would be less games but I cant watch SD games like soccer, football and hockey.
Isn't that the truth. I tried watching Real Madrid for MLS Select on the FOX Soccer channel last night and could not tolerate the PQ after 5 minutes. I was addicted to Worldsport on VOOM. The only way to watch soccer is HD. I get NFL Sunday ticket and can't wait until all Baseball and Hockey games are in HD.

BFG said:
oh I didn't realize that the $30 off actually was good after the season started.

Usually those deals exist to get you to order before the season begins. So deffinetly order after the free preview

With my past experience with Dish, they would tell me that 10/31/05 date was a misprint and the current (right after the free preview) price is now $159....

the letter i got from E* says "To say thank you to the NHL's loyal fans, the League is taking $30 off the full season price of NHL CENTER ICE"... and goes on to quote the $129 price... which to me seems to imply that they are taking $30 off what the price was in previous seasons.

but that turns out not to be the case... $129 is the same price that I have been billed the past 2 seasons. the "$30 off" is actually the same early bird price as last year. so did the 'League' take $30 off and E* add it back in?

doesn't seem like much of a 'thank you' to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)