NHL Center Ice now comes with NHL TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
For those interested, you can now authenticate NHL TV online with your Dish Center Ice subscription. I like to think all my persistence with Dish customer service over the issue finally paid off :). Of course I already had bought both anyway :(.

Reactions: HipKat
I wonder if that means I can get Sabres games in def since Dish doesn’t carry MSG

Yep, NHL TV posts all feeds in HD, including MSG and Canadian ones, unlike Center Ice on Dish.

Reactions: HipKat
For those interested, you can now authenticate NHL TV online with your Dish Center Ice subscription. .

Thank you so much for this post. I would have never known that we can now authenticate!

Great news to be able to see Rangers and Islanders games in HD now.

You would think Dish would figure out a way to advertise this additional perk of signing up for Center Ice.
If Dish advertised this, I see two problems for Dish:

1) People who otherwise might not have thought about getting NHL TV online, might decide to only get NHL TV, and not subscribe to NHL Center Ice.

2) Telling subscribers to use NHL TV to get their teams' games in HD would highlight how many teams Dish does not offer in HD with NHL Center Ice.

Also disappointing that tonight CBC feeds for HNIC not available on center ice from Dish.................not sure why?

If Dish advertised this, I see two problems for Dish:

1) People who otherwise might not have thought about getting NHL TV online, might decide to only get NHL TV, and not subscribe to NHL Center Ice.

Alternatively guys like me that were not aware of this option and that don't want to pay for both opt instead for NHL.TV and Dish gets no additional money form me. If I was aware of this option Dish would have had a cut of the revenue.

[/QUOTE]
2) Telling subscribers to use NHL TV to get their teams' games in HD would highlight how many teams Dish does not offer in HD with NHL Center Ice.
[/QUOTE]

That is actually very few games and beyond Dish's control as RSNs like MSG just refuse to provide the HD feeds.

Actually about 1/4th of my Canadiens games are not HD.
I grew up watching Hockey, first in Black and White - believe it or not - and then on whatever TV we had. Now, being so spoiled, I cannot watch a game in SD. It's aggravating and I think, how the heck did I follow the play and the puck back then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)