NHL Center Ice Renewal...

Just in case, I just signed up for the online version of the CI package on the NHL web site. They offer 2 signup options, a $149 early bird price for all of the coming season with a 50% rebate if you can prove you have paid for the 2007/2008 TV CI package, AND a free preview option good thru the first week of the season, which I took just to see what the pq is (they stream at 750 kbps for a single game view, and at 300 kbps for each of 4 games in a Mosaic view similar to the Mosaic view on MLB.TV, so you need approx 1200 kbps of bandwidth to get the 4 game view. They have a feature that lets you look ahaead to see what games will be shown (3 tonight starting at 7pm ET), so I looked ahead and both of the London games are on their schedule for 5pm ET on the 29th and 30th. That means that we should be able to see both games online if Dish hasn't made a deal by the start of the season with the NHL. Thought you guys would appreciate the info about the 2 London games being available on the net for no charge.

Live HD from Europe is very difficult. They have a different video system and it must be converted to the proper scan rate and lines for US.

Live HD from Europe is very difficult. They have a different video system and it must be converted to the proper scan rate and lines for US.

I'm sure HDnet is doing it in HD.:D ESPN is doing 4 women's world cup matches per day from china in HD. I don't see why versus would have any problem doing it as well.

That's really surprising they're doing that. I'm both a CI and EI subscriber and when Dish bailed out of EI this season I almost bolted then. But since I just signed up with Dish five months earlier I didn't want to make another change so quick and pay a hefty fee. My DirecTV install is tomorrow and I'll also try to get out of the termination fee.....I'll owe them $100 if I don't.
That's "Chance the Gardener"....Peter Seller's last movie before he passed..Very funny moments in that one...The outtakes are hilariuos...
Now onto business. I am a CI sub and I am going to look real hard into switching away from Dish(after 10 years) if Dish does not pick up CI. I bought my EQ and installed it myself( I am a tech)...No commitemnt here..

That's "Chance the Gardener"....Peter Seller's last movie before he passed..Very funny moments in that one...The outtakes are hilariuos...
Now onto business. I am a CI sub and I am going to look real hard into switching away from Dish(after 10 years) if Dish does not pick up CI. I bought my EQ and installed it myself( I am a tech)...No commitemnt here..

The movie is titled "Being There". He also stared in "The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu" after Being There.

If Dish does not light up MSG as a RSN in HD here in NY, will the HD feed be included in the "out of market" CI elsewhere in the country?

A Chance avatar is appropriate I think for a forum like this......because he likes to watch. :)

Let's not get our hopes up just yet. Dish uploaded these HD channels last year and nothing ever happened with them. I am too one of the many that will switch over to D* if we cannot get the CI package. So annoying that it's a week before the season and we do not even know who will carry this package to make the switch if we have to.

Bs

This is some BS....On the Dish Network site as of today you can order NBA League Pass
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/pay_per_view/sports/basketball/index.shtml
but not NHL Center Ice
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/pay_per_view/sports/hockey/index.shtml
That past few weeks both sites where getting the same message "check back next season for more info" and I was optimistic considering I knew they where going to still Have NBA LP but considering the NBA has not even started training camp and the NHL season is going to start first, I'm feeling the urge to switch providers!!!:mad:

This is some BS....On the Dish Network site as of today you can order NBA League Pass
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/pay_per_view/sports/basketball/index.shtml
but not NHL Center Ice
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/pay_per_view/sports/hockey/index.shtml
That past few weeks both sites where getting the same message "check back next season for more info" and I was optimistic considering I knew they where going to still Have NBA LP but considering the NBA has not even started training camp and the NHL season is going to start first, I'm feeling the urge to switch providers!!!:mad:

i noticed the same thing on the website. I wrote the ceo this morning for a status update regarding CI...havent heard anything back as yet. I am still hopeful but the clock is ticking. The season starts soon. A bunch of NHL HD channels were uplinked recently so I hope thats a promising sign.

For those of you who havent, write ceo@echostar.com and voice your concerns regarding CI.

but not NHL Center Ice
Switch to who, though? I don't think any US provider has announced anything official about Center Ice this year, yet. Maybe they are going broadband only this year!

Pittsburgh HD locals breaking up

dishonline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)