NHL Center Ice

Sparty89

Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Can anyone explain how Dish Network decides to or not to broadcast a game in HD? There is a HD option for each game but maybe 10% of the time the game is in HD. Help!

Dish shows every game in HD that's available to them in HD. The factors are:

1.) they only show RSN's which they actually carry in HD. They don't have an HD contract with some RSN's such as NESN, MSG, and FSNY.

2.) they only show the RSN in HD if the RSN actually produces the game in HD, which not all do for 100% of the games. Some nets produce 100% of the games in HD, some 50%, some 10%, etc. Check out nhl.com to see a schedule of HD games on all nets. For example, I believe NESN is producing all bruins games in HD, but Sportsouth produces NO trashers games in HD. Of course E* carries Sportsouth HD but not NESN. go figure.

Of course E* carries Sportsouth HD but not NESN. go figure.

There'es nothing to sweat though, Sportsouth hasn't shown one Trashers game in HD this year. It really ticks me though because FSN-South shows Hurricanes and Grizzlies games, but they're blacked out because the Atlanta teams claim Birmingham. Since HD is such an emerging technology, you'd think they'd bend the rules to get out the content.

Dish shows every game in HD that's available to them in HD. The factors are:

1.) They don't have an HD contract with some RSN's such as NESN, MSG, and FSNY.

2.) Some nets produce 100% of the games in HD, some 50%, some 10%, etc. Check out nhl.com to see a schedule of HD games on all nets. For example, I believe NESN is producing all bruins games in HD.

1.) why not?????????? If they carry the RSN, how difficult can it be to get the HD version?

2.) FS West and Fox Prime Ticket each have a grand total of 10 HD games scheduled for the entire season for the Kings and the Ducks. And the Ducks are Stanley Cup champions...go figure.

Tonight Nashville is playing the Ducks in Anaheim. Nashville is broadcasting their away game in HD on Center Ice. Of course this broadcast is blacked out in L.A. and if I want to watch the game, it has to be in FSW's crappy SD...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)