NHL Center Ice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
Hi,

Does anyone know if Dish is going to be offering online access with a Center Ice subscription this season? I know they did it with MLB, but not usually Center Ice, I just thought maybe there was a possibility.

Thanks,

J

Are you talking about access to NHL Gamecenter when you subscribe to NHL Center Ice? Yes, that would be awesome, but no, I don't think that is being offered.

Are you talking about access to NHL Gamecenter when you subscribe to NHL Center Ice? Yes, that would be awesome, but no, I don't think that is being offered.

Yeah that's what I meant, like MLB Extra Innings gave you MLB TV online this year, but I didn't think so either, but thought I'd ask. It would be awesome though.

Does anyone know if Dish is offering Center Ice free for 21 days like DTV? If not any DIRT members know if there is any promos going on for that package?

It started Wednesday night. Not sure how long it goes but enjoy it while it lasts. Same as last year with regards to no HD for 98% of Canadian broadcasts, no MSG or Comcast Philly feeds unless no one else has the game, etc.

It started Wednesday night. Not sure how long it goes but enjoy it while it lasts. Same as last year with regards to no HD for 98% of Canadian broadcasts, no MSG or Comcast Philly feeds unless no one else has the game, etc.
Im mainly a western conference follower. Im only about 60 miles or so of the cut off point of the Dallas Stars and St. Louis Blues and I really just want to be able to watch my Blues games(not a Dallas stars fan). We get Cardinals and the locals always plays the Rams on Sunday but if the Blues arent on NHL Network or NBCSN im out of luck. Thanks Dallas Stars! Grrr...

Sure...But we have to pay extra for it....
This is my final season using CI on the tv...I'm going to switch over to subbing to the on line version. it's cheaper and I can choose the feed.
Dish does not carry the feed ( MSG-NY) of my favorite team. I cannot stand listening to the other team's announcers.

Keep in mind, the NHL controls what you can see on Center Ice, not Dish.
Yes...with one condition, Dish has been known to block MSG feeds of games. Such as the Islanders vs the Jets; which is on right now. MSG is available via cable and Directv via the SD Center Ice feed provided by the NHL. Dish is only showing the TSN 3 feed from Winnipeg.

The fact is that Center Ice is an NHL product, and Dish can only show the Center Ice games that the NHL supplies in accordance with the applicable blackout requirements. Dish has no control over that either. I don't know if Dish is prohibited from showing the MSG carried games or if the NHL does not feed them to Dish, but the fact remains in reference to a previous post, the game was available, even if not the specific coverage someone might prefer. I'd prefer to see the Fox Detroit coverage of all Wings games, but that's not going to happen for every game, so I'm satisfied with just getting the game at all in those cases.

The fact is that Center Ice is an NHL product, and Dish can only show the Center Ice games that the NHL supplies in accordance with the applicable blackout requirements. Dish has no control over that either. I don't know if Dish is prohibited from showing the MSG carried games or if the NHL does not feed them to Dish, but the fact remains in reference to a previous post, the game was available, even if not the specific coverage someone might prefer. I'd prefer to see the Fox Detroit coverage of all Wings games, but that's not going to happen for every game, so I'm satisfied with just getting the game at all in those cases.

I think, and it's just my speculation based on what I see, is that DISH can't carry games on MSG and Comcast Philly mostly because they don't have agreements with them. However, if there is a game involving the NY, Buffalo or Philly teams that does not have a non-MSG or non-Comcast Philly alternate feed, DISH can only carry the SD feed of MSG or Comcast Philly as a last resort through the NHL.

Again, that's what it seems to be. It seems to be based on the provider's carriage agreements.

Personally, I hope the Sabres ditch MSG and start their own network. With the Pegulas owning the Bills, Sabres, Amerks and Bandits, there would be plenty of content available for a Buffalo based sports network. It's rumored that it may be happening when the MSG contract expires after next season.

Yes...with one condition, Dish has been known to block MSG feeds of games. Such as the Islanders vs the Jets; which is on right now. MSG is available via cable and Directv via the SD Center Ice feed provided by the NHL. Dish is only showing the TSN 3 feed from Winnipeg.
Unless the MSG teams are playing each other, Dish blacks out the MSG feeds....Same goes for Yankees and Mets games on EI....Dish has no relationship with YES or SNY....Those feeds are not shown on Dish

I didn't think that was how it worked. Why doesn't Dish carry Comcast Philly games?

This whole blackout, out of market games only is stupid.
Because Comcast Philly is not shown on any other provider. Only charter subs can see it.....Dish has NO ACCESS to all teams in NYC and Philly.

That is incorrect information....
Here are the facts......
For MSG, SNY and YES in New York City.....SNY and MSG owners were never able to negotiate deals with Dish. The parties walked away several years ago... As a result, non of the teams on those networks feeds on the MLB, NHL and NBA packages are available on Dish. The ONLY time viewers will see those feeds is if the teams play each other. Otherwise viewers see the other team's feed.
As for Comcast philly, I invite you to google "why is comcast philadelphia not on satellite"....As a result for those in the Phila. Market, the only way fans may see Phillies, Sixers and Flyers games is if they subscribe to Comcast Cable

I think, and it's just my speculation based on what I see, is that DISH can't carry games on MSG and Comcast Philly mostly because they don't have agreements with them. However, if there is a game involving the NY, Buffalo or Philly teams that does not have a non-MSG or non-Comcast Philly alternate feed, DISH can only carry the SD feed of MSG or Comcast Philly as a last resort through the NHL.

Again, that's what it seems to be. It seems to be based on the provider's carriage agreements.

Personally, I hope the Sabres ditch MSG and start their own network. With the Pegulas owning the Bills, Sabres, Amerks and Bandits, there would be plenty of content available for a Buffalo based sports network. It's rumored that it may be happening when the MSG contract expires after next season.
One would hope so....Of course a similar issue as with YES down in NYC could arise.
Then Yankees owner Geo Steinbrenner wanted YES to be included in a non sports tier. And wanted a fee that Dish was unwilling to pay. In fact Cablevision, Time Warner and some other cable outfits in the market fought with Steinbrenner until they caved. Of course non Yankees fans were furious because they ALL got rate increases.
Directv, stayed out of it and just paid up...Dish ended up having a fight with the Dolan Bros who own MSG. They could not even make it to the point where a number was discussed. The Dolans thought there was no way Charlie wopudl cut his subs off from the MSG teams. They were wrong. Dish has not shown MSG ever since. So if one is a sports fan in the NYC market, they should not look to Dish as a provider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)