NHL Center Ice

Bent82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Upper Peninsula Of Michigan
This isn't the first time this has happened. We subscribe to NHL Center Ice so my wife can watch her Toronto Maple Leafs games. Tonight there is a game on channel 574 that started at 7pm. It is now 7:50 and the channel is still showing the blank slate that shows when there isn't anything on that channel. Dish chat support is useless and trying to tell me I'm not subscribed. This isn't a cheap package and it is frustrating when it happens several times a year with no word from Dish how they are trying not to let it happen again.

I am mostly just venting here, but if someone has any ideas on how to get Dish to fix this, I'm all ears.

I called DISH support earlier about this same game not showing.

Funny story is that the CSR at first thought he had the answer...

The game is going to be broadcast at 7pm EST and for you it's only 1:25 (Hawaii time difference is 6 hours). I had to explain that this was a live broadcast.

The guide showed that this was supposed to be from SNET-E. Not sure if this was supposed to be originated by SNET-E or a rebroadcast of an MSG Network feed. NHL Network had a live look in at the beginning and end of the first period and it was from MSG.

BTW, we do not get any NHL Center Ice games in HD here in Hawaii - only SD feeds. This year (so far) there seem to be more feeds from both the home and away broadcasts.

It is strange to me, it seems something like Dish forgot to turn the broadcast on. But none of the CSRs have any idea what I'm talking about, and I have no idea who to complain to who could actually get anything done.

I think it actually would be the Sportsnet broadcast, that shows up for many of the Maple Leaf games, and I think Dish still has the dispute with MSG, don't they?

I noticed that last night as well.. game listed in guide .. a slate ran throughout the duration.
Center Ice on dish is garbage... games not on, game showing, but not on... way too many games in standard def only.
I've gone with the online version for this year.
Disappointed with dish in this regard...

This isn't the first time this has happened. We subscribe to NHL Center Ice so my wife can watch her Toronto Maple Leafs games. Tonight there is a game on channel 574 that started at 7pm. It is now 7:50 and the channel is still showing the blank slate that shows when there isn't anything on that channel. Dish chat support is useless and trying to tell me I'm not subscribed. This isn't a cheap package and it is frustrating when it happens several times a year with no word from Dish how they are trying not to let it happen again.

I am mostly just venting here, but if someone has any ideas on how to get Dish to fix this, I'm all ears.

Yea I was wondering the same thing last night....
Your a lucky man to have a woman who not only like hockey, but watches it!!!! Congrats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)