NHL Center Ice

psychotrope

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Does anybody know if Dish Network will be offering NHL Center Ice this season? The NHL site has Dish Network listed as carrying center ice but Dish Network's site has no mention of it for this season, only on outdated pages referring to the 2003-04 season.
Any information?

Thanks. You know, when I talked to them on the phone they told me "We are no longer offering NHL Center Ice because the season has been canceled." <sarcasm>Really? When did that happen?</sarcasm> Sounds like they need to update their file.

I'll look forward to seeing if the pricing for this year reflects the league's diminished value.

Just heard on the news that Comcast would be carrying NHL this year. Is that a different deal than "Center Ice"? :D

Iceberg said:
I've heard anywhere between 139-179...we'll see what they come up with :)

D* is offering it @ $129, so I hope E* matches or betters that!

Since Comcast outbid ESPN, there will likely be a large decrease in the number of games televised (OLN -- Dish top 120 package only). According to the ESPN website, OLN will broadcast "at least 58 regular season games" on Monday and Tuesday nights only. This sucks for the Pacific time zone as I will be getting home from work about the same time the game is over.

I will have to get the Center Ice package to see any weekend games (other than Kings and Ducks), but I don't want to pay more than D*'s price...

Another thing that sucks about OLN getting the 3 year contract -- no HD hockey! Unless CBS does some of their limited coverage in HD...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts