NHL CI

I think there is a free preview up to the end of the month since I am in auto-renewal and I received a letter saying I can cancel if I wanted to before oct 31

However I am in the process of moving and my box is not plugged - I wanted to check the schedule of center ice and nothing is on their website!!! do you at least see the upcoming games in your tv guide beside the ones on nhl network?

I think there is a free preview up to the end of the month since I am in auto-renewal and I received a letter saying I can cancel if I wanted to before oct 31

However I am in the process of moving and my box is not plugged - I wanted to check the schedule of center ice and nothing is on their website!!! do you at least see the upcoming games in your tv guide beside the ones on nhl network?

Channel 627 is showing tomorrow night "Montreal vs. Toronto(CBC), then Vancouver vs Calgary(CBC)

That is all I see for tomorrow, give me a minute to keep looking.

I can go as far as 6:30 on Friday Night and it shows "Philadelphia vs Carolina(CAR)"

If I can see more on Friday morning I will post it.

Channel 627 is showing tomorrow night "Montreal vs. Toronto(CBC), then Vancouver vs Calgary(CBC)

That is all I see for tomorrow, give me a minute to keep looking.

thanks for checking - how many are in HD? especially the canadiens?... probably not many:rant:

I too wish we could get TSN/CBC feeds in HD, I'm sure its possible, just a matter of who wants to shell out the cash to get it.

they usually have hockey night in canada on saturday - double feature - in HD on nhl network - that's some hd feeds at least.

Directv has their schedule out for the next week and this is way more hd than I have seen on dish in the last year...

dish tweeted free preview through Oct 24th.

Had it not been for that tweet, I would have had no idea the season starts thursday! ;)

NHL - the 66th most popular sport in america....

they usually have hockey night in canada on saturday - double feature - in HD on nhl network - that's some hd feeds at least.
The NHL Network is changing up programming this year and will be dropping the late game from the CBC Hockey Night in Canada feed and will be showing other games from earlier in the week instead.

You have to have CI now in order to get the late game from CBC.

Only makes sense. Afterall, with your local RSN covering your home team; VS national Coverage, NBC Sunday Coverage after Jan 1, and NHL Network Games; it was getting to a point why even buy the NHLCI Package.

On top of it, if you live in a border town like I do, you can readily get HNIC on CBC OTA or on the basic broadcast version of catv.

Only makes sense. Afterall, with your local RSN covering your home team; VS national Coverage, NBC Sunday Coverage after Jan 1, and NHL Network Games; it was getting to a point why even buy the NHLCI Package.

On top of it, if you live in a border town like I do, you can readily get HNIC on CBC OTA or on the basic broadcast version of catv.

I agree with you here as long as they put the second game in hd!
I have the feeling it might not happen especially it seems when canadian teams are playing the probability of hd feed is low - at least that s the feeling I got last season and it makes me sick because I rather watch any canadian teams in hd than florida, nashville, la, phoenix,... :rant:

I agree with you here as long as they put the second game in hd!
I have the feeling it might not happen especially it seems when canadian teams are playing the probability of hd feed is low - at least that s the feeling I got last season and it makes me sick because I rather watch any canadian teams in hd than florida, nashville, la, phoenix,... :rant:

That's not a Dish problem but a problem for all providers. Either the providers don't want to spend the money to add the equipment that provides the HD feeds for Canadian broadcasts or the NHL can't provide it through Center Ice yet?

P.S.- Thanks for not mentioning Carolina in that list but I'm sure you probably meant to include them too.. :)

That's not a Dish problem but a problem for all providers. Either the providers don't want to spend the money to add the equipment that provides the HD feeds for Canadian broadcasts or the NHL can't provide it through Center Ice yet?

P.S.- Thanks for not mentioning Carolina in that list but I'm sure you probably meant to include them too.. :)

:up actually I was going to add Carolina and san jose but they kind of earn my respect by being good teams in recent years... although I still don't watch them on tv.
I don't know if it is because I am in the north east in cold weather when hockey is on but I feel like hockey belongs to the north of the states and canada just like some people believes nascar belongs to the southern states :eek:

:
I don't know if it is because I am in the north east in cold weather when hockey is on but I feel like hockey belongs to the north of the states and canada just like some people believes nascar belongs to the southern states :eek:

Certainly that's where the greatest interest is!

As a transplanted Canadian in Southern California, I see that the interest level difference is huge...

:up actually I was going to add Carolina and san jose but they kind of earn my respect by being good teams in recent years... although I still don't watch them on tv.

Blah on Nascar (no offense to those who like it)..I was born in NC and loved hockey way before the Canes came around. I'm not sure what it was about the sport but when I first saw it as a kid, I was addicted!

I've seen the fan base of the Canes growing more and more since first going to the games back in '99 and think they have a good under-rated club this year.

It did get in the 40's last night, here in NC...So that gotta count for something weather wise, right? It does get pretty cold here once Fall and Winter set in. It's not North East cold but it's not like it's 70 or 80 degrees here during the Winter. That has to count for something, doesn't it? :p

I do see that two HD games are missing Saturday night on Center Ice. Carolina vs. Boston 7pm (eastern time) is missing the NESN HD telecast, and San Jose vs. Anaheim 10pm (eastern time) is missing the CSNCA HD telecast.

I know this was a problem sometimes last year and was hoping it didn't continue this year! :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)