NHL Conference Finals in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They will be televised on VS/Golf HD, but the EPG often does not list the game until the very last minute. Last minute being when your EPG changes from 6:59 to 7:00 PM. If you have auto record set for a favorite team and the EPG resets at the last minute, your DVR will not catch the change and will not record the HD telecast. You can set up manual record, but beware, last series I set up a manual record for 7:00 to 10:30. When the EPG reset, the program that was originally scheduled to start at 7:00 morphed in to 99 hour 59 minute program. It screwed up the next 100 hours of my DVR schedule.

FiOS TV does not carry the Versus HD channel...:river...I actually welcome the weekend games on NBC this season.:eek: I really wish I could have brought my StarChoice dish/tuner with me down to Texas. Hockey coverage is so much better on CBC and TSN.

Shouldn't we move this over to the sports forum???

I really wish I could have brought my StarChoice dish/tuner with me down to Texas.

Now that you're a "Texan", will you be rooting for the Stars? They've played very well in the first two rounds. But Detroit will be tough!

Tom in TX

I scheduled a recording for the last Stars game on the Vs/Golf HD channel. ( Since I would be getting home late.)

When I brought it up to watch from the beginning, it said this game was blocked out in my area! I was really bummed.... since I am in the Dallas area, and I do not currently have Fox Sports Southwest I was not able to view it locally. ( I just changed the sats that I receive so FSSW does not show up in my guide. ) Therefore, I was unable to see the game.

However, after the game ended in regulation... I guess the blackout was removed.. the game ended up going to 4OT so I did get to at least see the "second" game! That was a really good game! Detroit really will be a tough series.

I hope they do not black out any of the games in the Dallas area from this point on. I am not sure if that was a mistake the last time or not.

Detroit actually may have some trouble against the Stars since the Avs were so easy...

Damn, I knew it was going to be bad and I was glad they made it to the second round but the Avs lost 11 out of 11 to the Red Wings this year!

Now that you're a "Texan", will you be rooting for the Stars? They've played very well in the first two rounds. But Detroit will be tough!

Tom in TX
I am a native Detroiter and have Red Wing blood pulsing through my veins. To be honest, I have been cheering for the old Minnesota Northstar team since I've been down here, but right now the Stars are just another evil opponent getting ready to be struck down by the forces of good. Today I drove to work with my Red Wings flag attached to the passenger side window, and tomorrow I am wearing my Red Wing pullover into work.

We have tickets for Game here in Dallas - section 116. I hope to be celebrating a Wings victory that evening.:)

I really wish I could have brought my StarChoice dish/tuner with me down to Texas. Hockey coverage is so much better on CBC and TSN.
Why didn't you? From the conversations I've had with Starchoice, as long as you have a service address in Canada, they don't care, and you should be able to get reception in Texas. I went as far to call them and tell them I wanted to order a system for our family's cabin on Lake Superior in Canada, but I wanted to have them ship the equipment to my house in the US and bill my US credit card. They had no problem with it. I did however, have a problem paying $600+ for a HD-DVR. Bellvu Express on the other hand won't even give me the time of day the second I tell them I'm in the US. Perhaps for next hockey season I'll order Starchoice, especially if Center Ice doesn't get HNIC in HD.

Why didn't you? From the conversations I've had with Starchoice, as long as you have a service address in Canada, they don't care, and you should be able to get reception in Texas. I went as far to call them and tell them I wanted to order a system for our family's cabin on Lake Superior in Canada, but I wanted to have them ship the equipment to my house in the US and bill my US credit card. They had no problem with it. I did however, have a problem paying $600+ for a HD-DVR. Bellvu Express on the other hand won't even give me the time of day the second I tell them I'm in the US. Perhaps for next hockey season I'll order Starchoice, especially if Center Ice doesn't get HNIC in HD.
We moved into a FiOS neighborhood and my wife didn't want a dish farm at her new house. However, she told me last week she doesn't mind if we get satellite, but the builder ran four RG-6 cabled to the roof of our satellite ready home and there is no way I am going to place any dish 35' on top of my roof. Why anyone would place a satellite dish on the roof when I have a clear view of the southern skies from the side of my garage is beyond my understanding.

My parents have a summer home in Ontario so it will be no problem if I later decided to get *C, but drilling a hole through brick, fishing the cable into the garage attic, through the bedroom attic, and then down into the wiring closet is pretty low on my priority list.

We had *C perfect reception in Virginia with our 75cm dish and I am sure it will work fine here in North Texas. My only complaint with *C is that I only used it to watch hockey. With the price w/taxes creeping up near $40 it's getting harder to justify the cost of the service.

FiOS TV does not carry the Versus HD channel...:river...I actually welcome the weekend games on NBC this season.:eek: I really wish I could have brought my StarChoice dish/tuner with me down to Texas. Hockey coverage is so much better on CBC and TSN.

Shouldn't we move this over to the sports forum???

I feel for you. This weekends games are evening games on Versus. Next weekends games will be on NBC in the afternoon *If needed. Find a compfy bar stool somewhere if you want to see a game in HD.

Looks like the program guide has been updated, now shows the Wings/Stars game 1 on VS/GF channel, but the Flyers/Pens game isnt listed for Friday, but some golf recap show :mad:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pens/Flyers game does end up on Versus HD. Probably one of those times where it just appears there in a few minutes from now. I've set my DVR to record 151 and a manual record on 9468.

In all of the local papers tonights game is listed on Vs. Since it is owned by Comcast and they are playing in Comcast country I expect the game on VsHD.

And now it is in the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)