NHL Hot Stove Thread

D-Mac and Aaron Downey will not be back with the Red Wings next season either. Neither played much this last season anyhow.

MC Carty is not a surprise, will he sign else where of retire ?
Always liked him, good luck in what ever you decide to do Darren.

Downey is more of a surprise, although I think he's in him mid 30's and the Wings are working to get younger.

Just heard that Wings goalie Ty Conklin has signed with the Blues .... ugh, juast when you thought the goalie situation was in solid hands ....
Wings are still waiting on the young guys to step up in the net.

I like Ty, he'll be missed too.

Gaborik is great when he plays. The question is how many games will he actually play in a blue shirt and how many will he spend nursing an injury?

Having to face him 6 times a year isn't a very enticing possibility.

Last night Sather said Gaborik is healthy. This after watching Gaborik playing a whopping 11 regular season games last year.

This is the same Dr. Sather who said a few years ago, when the Rangers acquired Eric Lindros, he really didn't have concussion problems...it was all in his head. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eventually Lindros had to retire while playing for the Rangers because of...a concussion.

Sandra

The Red Wings offered Hossa $50M over 10 yrs., the Black Hawks upped the ante to $62M over 12 years. Can't keep them all. The wings will say good bye to a couple more veterans in the coming days. Too much young talent that will play for peanuts. Can't keep'em down on the farm forever.

The Red Wings offered Hossa $50M over 10 yrs., the Black Hawks upped the ante to $62M over 12 years. Can't keep them all. The wings will say good bye to a couple more veterans in the coming days. Too much young talent that will play for peanuts. Can't keep'em down on the farm forever.

The Pens lost Gill. They will probably lose Fedatenko (SP?) and Scuderi.

Last night Sather said Gaborik is healthy. This after watching Gaborik playing a whopping 11 regular season games last year.

This is the same Dr. Sather who said a few years ago, when the Rangers acquired Eric Lindros, he really didn't have concussion problems...it was all in his head. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'd rather go to Dr. Wozniak.:D

The last four seasons:

2005-06- 37-34-11- 85 Points

2006-07- 35-31-16- 86 Points

2007-08- 38-35-9- 85 Points

2008-09- 41-30-11- 93 Points
None of those are wining seasons.
05 -06 is 37-45.
06-07...35-47
07- 08...38-44
08-09....41-41...broke even...
.A loss is a loss...Doesn't matter if it's OT or not. If one team scores less goals than the other, it' a loss.
The NHL has to get rid of the loser point..It's stupid...JMO

Well Sather undid one of his previous July 1 mistakes, and was somehow able to convice Bob Gainey to not only take on Gomez's salary, but also to send Christopher Higgins and one of the Canadian's top prospects, Ryan McDonagh, to us in return. If I'm a Hab fan, I'm not happy.

Scott Gomez is a good player, but in today's NHL, with a $7.25 million cap hit for the next five years, you have to be a lot more than good. Gomez is not a number one center and not a big time scorer, something you need to be for that kind of money.

The question now becomes, what does Sather do with his new-found assets and cap room? There is talk of flipping McDonagh to Ottawa in a package for Dany Heatley, and of course free agency starts today, with Marian Gaborik and Marcel Hossa available, among others.

Please Glen, stay calm...

Sandra
Gomez has a "me" complex. When things are going poorly he tries to do everything himself. I have seen that guy try to stickhandle thru the entire defense far too many times.
It's a poor habit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts