NHL Network Blackout?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

racingmoose

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
This has happened again since we switched from DISH to DirecTV. The NHL Network is showing the Penguins game tonight and it's blacked out for us. Pittsburgh's sports network, FSP, isn't our regional sports network so we don't understand the blackout. This happened once previously since we got DirecTV. Could DirecTV follow different rules since we never ran into this when we had DISH?

Forgot to mention that DirecTVs website doesn't show the game on NHL Network as being blacked out for our zip code.

Last edited:
I had something similar happen on NHL Network a few days ago. Two teams from cities that are nowhere near here, and it didn't show up as being blacked out on D*'s website. Tonight's game came in fine, though. :confused:

Our zip is 17038 and in south central PA.
That ZIP shows on D* site that

"With the Premier package or any DIRECTV base package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:

FSN Pittsburgh (Ch. 628)
  • Pittsburgh Penguins (HD Available)
  • Pittsburgh Pirates (HD Available)"

Do you subscribe to either Premiere or the Sports Pack? If you do, that's why you are being blacked out since you should be watching on FSN Pittsburgh. If you don't, then something is screwed up in D* system and they think you are getting FSN Pittsburgh.

Go here and enter your ZIP to see.

Thanks for checking that out!

We don't subscribe to the sports pack or Premiere, so we don't get FSP which is what was confusing when we saw NHL Network blacked out. It happened earlier in the season and we didn't think much of it but now with it happening again...

it doesn't matter wether or not he's getting the channel.

He's in the penguins market as indicated on that page. If he wants to see them, he'll have to pay extra

What about me in zip code 44057 and I am blacked out??

I was told by DirecTV that not enough tickets were sold in the home market so its blacked out. Instead of explaining the Penguins have sold EVERY ticket this year and calmly explained I am not in the home market, she was dumbfounded.

When you mention south central PA, are you in the Comcast Philly region??? I'm just outside of philly in Montgomery County and the game is blocked out and I believe it had to do with Comcast, bastards! I'm peeved! I wanted to watch this big game for the Pens!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)