NHL Network now available in Top 200 and higher!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've had Turbo HD Gold and the Platinum add on for a couple of years. I just lost access to NHL HD, though I do receive the SD channel. Just got off the phone with two reps who went thru all the motions - check switch, send a hit to my receivers, etc. Still no NHL HD. Any ideas?

Same here with Absolute HD. Don't watch it all that much, but I noticed last night that I no longer have NHL HD (403), but I still have NHL SD (403)....

There's another thread about it being dropped from Absolute. This is the first I've heard about it being dropped from Turbo.

I'm glad I didn't sign up for either of those packages since it turns out that Dish is treating them like crap. But what really puzzles me is why Dish is still selling Turbo. I wonder if they're notifying prospective customers that they don't really get all the HD? (I'm guessing the answer is "no".)

Have you tried channel 9542, it shows NHLHD with a banner to check back to see if oyur favorite team is playing.

I'm glad I didn't sign up for either of those packages since it turns out that Dish is treating them like crap.
*shrug* Absolute got a bunch of new channels with $0 price increase (they got the handful of Viacoms + the Platinum HD additions), Turbo got hit with a $5-7 increase with just the Viacom adds. I'm not sure I would group those together. Absolute is still the best value for the dollar in HD, and the Turbo Gold now only saves you $17 over the Top 250 package instead of $25. (sucks that the price went up, but it's still cheaper)

But what really puzzles me is why Dish is still selling Turbo. I wonder if they're notifying prospective customers that they don't really get all the HD? (I'm guessing the answer is "no".)
Isn't that kind of like asking "I wonder why Dish is still selling the Family Pack?" If you don't watch the channels in the standard packages, then the Turbo (now Dish America?) packages can save you money.

Dish publishes channel lists for each of the package so subscribers can decide what they want.

They do publish channel lists for Turbo? I never checked. All I know is that when the Turbo was established, it contained all the HD channels in the equivalent normal package, and nothing was ever said to disabuse people of the notion that it would always be so. Then they started adding channels to the standard packages but not Turbo, and when questioned on it, CSRs gave a wishy-washy answer about not knowing what the problem was, rather than telling people that it was policy that the packages contained a unique subset of channels.

I emailed a contact I have at Dish today regarding my loss of NHL Network in HD. Haven't heard back from her yet but I did receive an automated phone call from Dish this afternoon asking me to take a survey about dissatisfaction with the CSR's I talked to last night. I didn't take the survey since I couldn't talk to a live person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)