NHL Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hockeynut5150

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
anyone knows why NHL Network isn't included in the Sports Pack?. I downgraded to DishHD Essential and now says I'm not subscribed to channel 403 but I get it on channel 559 (Center Ice)

how long will I get to keep it once hockey season is over?

It is only included with the HD Ultimate pack and Center Ice. I have been told by Dish that it should stay active until the next renewal, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. If worse came to worse I upgrade to the HD utlimate pack just to have the NHL network (during the summer), that single channel alone provides me with $10 per month of entertainment value.

It is only included with the HD Ultimate pack and Center Ice. I have been told by Dish that it should stay active until the next renewal, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. If worse came to worse I upgrade to the HD utlimate pack just to have the NHL network (during the summer), that single channel alone provides me with $10 per month of entertainment value.

I believe the NHL channel is included in the HD Only package, as well. I switched to this package over 2 months ago, but I could be getting it because I have the CI package. I guess I'll find out when the CI package is closed down for the season...

I believe the NHL channel is included in the HD Only package, as well. I switched to this package over 2 months ago, but I could be getting it because I have the CI package. I guess I'll find out when the CI package is closed down for the season...

Yes, it is included with the HD only package...

It is showing replays of the current playoff games the next day. It is channel 403 and is only available in HD, there is no sd version. Vs/NBC are showing the playoff games live.

Well, thanks sucks. My local NBC is not carrying the games.

It looks like Versus in only available in the 250 package or the HD only package.

I would consider the HD only package except for the fact that my kids watch some SD cartoon channels.

Thanks for the info ...

Speaking of NHL, does this channel have current games on it? Which channel does?

It currently has the Memorial Cup from Kitchener, Ontario. This is the Canadian junior hockey championship round robin playoff, although the Western Hockey League is represented by the Spokane team. The other teams are Gatineau, Quebec, Belleville, Ontario and Kitchener, Ontario.

This is great hockey! Many of the players are already drafted by NHL teams. I lived in Kitchener and watched many great hockey players come up through the Ontario Hockey League. These players included Bobby Orr (age 14 his first year); Wayne Gretzky (age 16), Larry Robinson, Paul Coffey and Bill Barber (all played for Kitchener) and Yvan Cournoyer. Kitchener won the Memorial Cup in 2003 and the team captain and MVP of the tournament was Derek Roy of the Buffalo Sabres.

Gatineau plays Belleville today at 7 p.m. (EDT). You may want to catch some of that game before the Wings/Stars game at 8 p.m. You won't be disappointed...

It currently has the Memorial Cup from Kitchener, Ontario.

This is great hockey! Many of the players are already drafted by NHL teams. I lived in Kitchener and watched many great hockey players come up through the Ontario Hockey League.

The Canadian feed of NHL Network is not showing the Memorial Cup because Rogers Sportsnet is carrying it up there. I am assuming that the U.S. feed is showing the Sportsnet feed. I'm not sure. I just came back from Barrie and was watching it on R.S. GREAT HOCKEY!!

BTW, I was born in Kitchener at the K.W. Hospital. I left when I was 5. I lived on Dixon Street near the Westmont Golf Course.

The Kitchener/Waterloo area is a great hockey area.

The Canadian feed of NHL Network is not showing the Memorial Cup because Rogers Sportsnet is carrying it up there. I am assuming that the U.S. feed is showing the Sportsnet feed.

Yes, it's Rogers HD feed. It looks great and I have to say no one covers hockey like Canadian networks. As an American, sometimes the commentators are a little hard to listen to, but the camera angles and overall video and surround audio is far superior than anything American networks can put together....for obvious reasons I guess.

Vs. is getting a little better than past years, but I've really enjoyed the HD coverage from the Canadian networks this year.

The Canadian feed of NHL Network is not showing the Memorial Cup because Rogers Sportsnet is carrying it up there. I am assuming that the U.S. feed is showing the Sportsnet feed. I'm not sure. I just came back from Barrie and was watching it on R.S. GREAT HOCKEY!!

BTW, I was born in Kitchener at the K.W. Hospital. I left when I was 5. I lived on Dixon Street near the Westmont Golf Course.

The Kitchener/Waterloo area is a great hockey area.

Yes, the NHL network in the US is carrying the Rogers feed.

I lived in Kitchener from age 10 to 36 right beside Victoria Park. They used to clean and flood the lake every night and we would play hockey for hours every day...:) Yes, K/W is a great hockey area. Some of the guys I played bantam, midget and juvenile with made it to the NHL.

The Kitchener Rangers have been disappointing so far in the Memorial Cup -- twice blowing 3 goal leads. But they can still win the cup with a win over Belleville Friday and a win over undefeated Spokane on Sunday.

Go Rangers!

I've really enjoyed the HD coverage from the Canadian networks this year.

I didn't know Dish carried any of the HD feeds from CBC, TSN, and Sportsnet this past year. I hope they do next year.

As far as announcers, many of the play-by-play and most of the colour commentators on the U.S. networks are from Canada. Darren Pang is from Ottawa, Jeff Rimer is from Calgary, Bob Taylor is from Calgary, etc.

I second the motion...Go Rangers!!!

Dish doesn't carry any of the HD feeds from CBC/TSN/Sportsnet, it is the NHL Network carrying it. Often the NHL Network game of the week is TNS-HD feed. Dish has yet to carry any HD games from canadian networks on the center ice package. I keep emailing them every couple of weeks asking about HNIC in HD. From what I can tell sometimes Directv has HNIC in HD, so hopefully dish will follow suite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts