NHL on NBC: Sunday, Mar 4, 12:30pm

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
NBC is presenting two outstanding games in HD this afternoon at 12:30...yep, they are still on NBCHD, but it's sure beats SD.

Colorado Avalance vs. Detroit Red Wings
Philadephia Flyer vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

The games are regional so check your local listings. I'll be watching the Avs/Wings on my Mits Diamond CRT and DLP via local OTA (Richmond VA) and *C Detroit, and the Flyers/Pens on my Sony GWIV via local OTA (Washington DC).

Enjoy your afternoon of hockey.:)

AVS dish up an overtime win...Pitt and Philly tied up with under a minute to play.

Gee riffjim4069,
You ever do any comentating or sports commentary ?
That was pretty good.
Unfortunatly the Wings end up losing in OT, they are not very good in that situation for some reason. You would think 4 on 4 would be a strengh for the Wings.
They are even worse on the stupid Shootouts, and they got rid of the one guy you could count on in the shootout, Jason Williams.

I can't wait for the Playoffs, when they play REAL hockey for the entire game, including the OT. None of this skills compition to decide games.

They really need to go back to playing all games till theres a winner, then teams would not decide to slow the game down late in the game, now they will make the last 5-7 minutes laskadasical so they can get into OT that way each team get a point. If they wanted to fix that part they should make it so the actual loser of the game did NOT get a point, even if it goes to OT.

Jimbo

I hated shootouts when I played competitively, and I hate watching them now. It's a team game, decide it that way.

You want excitement for the fans, 5 mins of 4 on 4, then 5 mins of 3 on 3. Guarantee you that someone will score, and seeing these guys with all that room on the ice and odd man rushes would be some of the best hockey you could ever watch.

Gee riffjim4069,
You ever do any comentating or sports commentary ?
That was pretty good.
I just get exciting when March 1st rolls around and America's attention turns toward hockey. The playoffs should be awesome this year as no one team has managed to stand head-and-shoulders above the rest. Of course, the only news coming out of Detroit lately is around the clock coverage of Stephen Grant, the Scott Peterson wannabe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts