NHL Qualifying Round and Stanley Cup Broadcasts

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
At the time I write this, the TV schedule has not yet been announced for the upcoming games. However, by searching a bit, it appears that the games will be broadcast on the networks that we've been accustomed to for past seasons: NBC, NBCSN, NHL Network and ESPN+

For those games that appear on ESPN+ and not on the various NBC networks, I would hope that those of us who had NHL Center Ice subscriptions will be able to watch without having to buy ESPN+

Reactions: pattykay
At the time I write this, the TV schedule has not yet been announced for the upcoming games. However, by searching a bit, it appears that the games will be broadcast on the networks that we've been accustomed to for past seasons: NBC, NBCSN, NHL Network and ESPN+

For those games that appear on ESPN+ and not on the various NBC networks, I would hope that those of us who had NHL Center Ice subscriptions will be able to watch without having to buy ESPN+
You raise an interesting point. I have to wonder how the out-of-market sports packages such as NHL Center Ice will handle prorated refunds to subscribers, due to the seasons being severely shortened. I know, they are covered by legal language stating that the season price cannot be prorated, and no refunds will be issued after the season has started, yada yada yada...

Still, I would imagine that the subscribers would riot if something isn't done to appease them. Maybe they will offer a really low price for next season for returning subscribers, to make up for the relative lack of games this season.

As far as ESPN+, they are offering a bundle deal where you can get Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ combined for around the same price that just Hulu and Disney+ would cost as separate services. So, for those who already have both Hulu and Disney+, maybe you can switch to the bundle to get ESPN+ for basically no additional cost.

That is a great question, ttomni6. Games that are only available on separate services, such as ESPN+, are not available in the respective sports packages such as the NHL Center Ice or MLB Extra Innings. We understand that this is an unprecedented situation, but the NHL has not cancelled any games – only suspended them. This means you may still get the full season if the games continue after the suspension period is over. We are monitoring the situation and will be ready to act should this change.

Games airing on NBC are exclusive. All games on NBCSN and USA Network will be blacked out in the local markets as they will be available on viewers’ local RSNs. Blackout rules apply to streaming coverage on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app. Some games will be joined in progress.

Following is NBC Sports’ telecast schedule for the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers through August 5:

Sat., August 1
Game 1 – Carolina vs. N.Y. Rangers – NBCSN – 12 p.m. ET
Game 1 – Chicago vs. Edmonton – NBC – 3 p.m ET
Game 1 – Florida vs. N.Y. Islanders – NBCSN – 4 pm. ET
Game 1 – Montreal vs. Pittsburgh – NBC – 8 p.m. ET
Game 1 – Winnipeg vs. Calgary – NBCSN – 10:30 p.m. ET

Sun., August 2
Game 1 – Arizona vs. Nashville – USA Network – 2 p.m. ET
Round Robin – Boston vs. Philadelphia – NBC – 3 p.m. ET
Round Robin – St. Louis vs. Colorado – NBCSN – 6:30 p.m. ET
Game 1 – Columbus vs. Toronto – NBCSN – 8 p.m. ET
Game 1 – Minnesota vs. Vancouver – NBCSN – 10:30 p.m. ET

Mon., August 3
Game 2 – Carolina vs. N.Y. Rangers – NBCSN – 12 p.m. ET
Game 2 – Winnipeg vs. Calgary – NBCSN – 2:30 p.m. ET
Round Robin – Washington vs. Tampa Bay – NBCSN – 4 p.m. ET
Round Robin – Dallas vs. Vegas – NBCSN – 6:30 p.m. ET
Game 2 – Montreal vs. Pittsburgh – NBCSN – 8 p.m. ET
Game 2 – Chicago vs. Edmonton – NBCSN – 10:30 p.m. ET

Tues., August 4
Game 2 – Florida vs. N.Y. Islanders – NBCSN – 12 p.m. ET
Game 2 – Arizona vs. Nashville – NBCSN – 2:30 p.m. ET
Game 2 – Columbus vs. Toronto – NBCSN – 4 p.m. ET
Game 3 – Winnipeg vs. Calgary – NBCSN – 6:30 p.m. ET
Game 3 – Carolina vs. N.Y. Rangers – NBCSN – 8 p.m. ET
Game 2 – Minnesota vs. Vancouver – USA Network – 10:30 p.m. ET

Wed., August 5
Game 3 – Florida vs. N.Y. Islanders – NBCSN – 12 p.m. ET
Game 3 – Arizona vs. Nashville – NBCSN – 2:30 p.m. ET
Round Robin – Tampa Bay vs. Boston – NBCSN – 4 p.m. ET
Round Robin – Colorado vs. Dallas – NBCSN – 6:30 p.m. ET
Game 3 – Montreal vs. Pittsburgh – NBCSN – 8 p.m. ET
Game 3 – Chicago vs. Edmonton – NBCSN – 10:30 p.m. ET

In addition, NBC Sports will present coverage of the following exhibition games on NBCSN on July 28 and 29:

Tues., July 28
Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia – NBCSN – 4 p.m. ET

Wed., July 29
Carolina vs. Washington – NBCSN – 4 p.m. ET
Chicago vs. St. Louis – NBCSN – 6:30 p.m. ET
N.Y. Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders – NBCSN – 8 p.m. ET

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)