NHL

I'm not talking locals.....and if they did pull one of my "locals" in some cases I have 2 backups :)

need I remind you Dish just pulled a channel that PAID to be on Dish (INSP)?

I didn't want to turn this into a D vs E dispute. My comment was specific to Dish and sports in general related to NHL Network. When it comes to sports I really think Dish is clueless on the importance of offering certain things, the impact of game only RSNs, and how it ultimately affects the number of subs

But, they are keen in other areas. Perhaps their investment in Blockbuster maybe one of those things that does differentiate them from others?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Really? Neither Direct nor Dish operate in such a manner. If they did, then they would certainly fail. That would not be ignorance, that would be arrogance.

Lets pretend you are correct. If so, whose model has worked best in attracting more subs and differentiating themselves from others?

It really doesn't matter what I say to you because people like you and the "proud staff member" will only believe that Directv is perfect and Dish sucks.

I'm not talking locals.....and if they did pull one of my "locals" in some cases I have 2 backups :)

need I remind you Dish just pulled a channel that PAID to be on Dish (INSP)?

Funny thing is that I never even noticed it was gone just like most people who have Dish.

twilliam66 said:
It really doesn't matter what I say to you because people like you and the "proud staff member" will only believe that Directv is perfect and Dish sucks.

No. Direct has flaws as well. Are they out of ignorance?

Let me remind you that you switched the topic to Direct and totally ignored my point about Dish being ignorant when it comes to sports. Look no further than the number of threads related to what Dish does wrong when it comes to sports. All started by Dish subs.

No. Direct has flaws as well. Are they out of ignorance?

Let me remind you that you switched the topic to Direct and totally ignored my point about Dish being ignorant when it comes to sports. Look no further than the number of threads related to what Dish does wrong when it comes to sports. All started by Dish subs.

Why do you even care about Dish and sports if you don't even have it and never will?

twilliam66 said:
Why do you even care about Dish and sports if you don't even have it and never will?

Are you changing this to a topic about me or are you going to address my point about Dish's ignorance and sports?

Are you changing this to a topic about me or are you going to address my point about Dish's ignorance and sports?

Maybe Dish doesn't give a damn about sports just like a lot of people. Maybe they don't have the same belief that you do that every single game be in HD. They don't have the sub numbers that Directv has, but they still are making a hell of a lot of money every year and that is all that matters to these companies.

twilliam66 said:
Maybe Dish doesn't give a damn about sports just like a lot of people. they don't have the same belief that you do that every single game be in HD. They don't have the sub numbers that Directv have but they still are making a hell of a lot of money every year and that is all that matters to these companies.
So now you are agreeing with my point?

twilliam66 said:
The point is Dish has never cared about sports while Directv has never cared about mainstream HD channels.
Again your last point is wrong. Dish having more mainstream HD has nothing to do with Direct not caring. It has to do with increasing subs, available bandwidth, and agreements. Using 20 additional HD channels for sports brings more additional subs than 20 HD channels few people watch. If they did not care then Direct would not be producing all those commercials comparing their HD count to Dish. Direct and Dish have gone back and forth in the HD lead. Dish is currently leading and if Direct had more bandwidth, they maybe leading instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts