Nice FM BCast Band Opening Tonight in Central Arkansas

Balock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 4, 2006
Beebe, AR
Using my SDRPlay receiver and SDR#, showing a 6MHz-wide slice of the FM broadcast band. FM_Band_open_20150808.png
Wish I had my 6M equipment up and running :(

Reactions: spongella
I like my SDRPlay it works well, BTW your cursor is on an HD FM station and there is another HD station at 95.700. It looks as there might be another HD FM station at 98.500 with the two subchannels working. I am not 100 % sure.

I have been using my SDRPlay to capture WX pictures from NOAA 15, 18, & 19. The front end filter blocks interference from a APRs at 144.3900, the antenna for the APRS System is only a mile east of me. I can pick up interference on other dongles.

I was checking out the AM broadcast stations last night and I received a ton of them, the front end was very sensitive at those frequencies.

I tried 40 meter side band and the audio was garbled I could not copy a decent signal, have you tried any sideband stations yet?

mikelib

Reactions: spongella
I don't have an SDRPlay, but some receivers have the I and Q outputs reversed from others. If you know you're using the right mode for the band, try selecting the "swap I and Q" option in your software.

Yes, I have used it on HF several times, both USB and LSB. Make sure you are using the correct sideband for the freq band you are listening to. 40m is generally lower sideband.

We have several radio stations broadcasting an HD Radio signal on FM. I don't have a receiver capable of listening to HD Radio and am not planning on buying one.

So far I'm happy with the SDRPlay. I especially enjoy the 8Mhz scan bandwidth when looking for any distant TV stations, but that's way to wide for looking at one of the ham bands.

Downloaded and installed the new drivers, now Windoze can't install them properly when I plug the SDRPlay back in. I'll mess with it again tomorrow night maybe.

I was able to load the new drives on windows 7 and 8.1. with out any problem.
I have not try to see if the frequency gap was fixed as I have been trying for two weeks to get the Russian weather satellite to display correctly using SDRPlay and SDRsharp and Orbitron. It has been a bear following the instructions on RTL-SDR as there has been updates to the software and the software instructions have not been updated. Also I only get one good pass a night and it hard trying a fix and have to wait a whole day and some times the elevation of the pass is not good enough for a copy. The wheels keep on turning and I keep on grinding out the problem.

good luck with the update

That night I was receiving several NOAA stations that I normally don't hear.

I did finally manage to get the new SDRPlay drivers installed last night...had to temporarily disable driver cert valuation in order to for the install to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)