"Nick GaS" to pass. "The N" takes over 12/31

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks, TNGTony, for posting this report.

Since my provider, DirecTV, doesn't currently carry Nickelodeon Games and Sports (GAS), I wonder if it will add the channel -- to be taken over fulltime by The N -- by Dec. 31.

I am so happy to see this move by MTV!

In fact I just finished writing my article for tommorows MultiChannel News and this is one of the things I talk about.

My son loves Noggin and gets upset when it signs off at 6pm. I would rather have him watch and learn from Noggin then watching shows like Power Rangers and then try beating up his brother like he just saw on TV. :)

I am glad to see this change myself. Reminds me of the channel owned by Rainbow (I think Independent Film Channel was one of those channels) was a split channel and they finally broke off into their own.

Well stargazer, the difference was that the split IFC/ Rocmance Classic (now Women's Entertainment) channel on Dish was a creation of Dish Network! Noggin/The N is a split channel by MTV Networks. That is the way it comes until 12/31.

BTW... memory lane...
The IFC/RO split on Dish Network was not a pretty one either! Dish fought it long and hard. They were going to keep IFC but drop the new Women's Entertainment since Romance classic ceased to exist. Dish claimed their contract was for carriage of RO, not WE.

But Rainbow had different ideas. Rainbow created a "Romance Classic" feed of Women's Entertainment complete with RO promos and bugs for over a year forcing Dish to carry the channel under the old contract while they hammered out the new carriage contract. This dispute was one of the first big ones for Dish. It threatened to take Bravo, AMC and some sports channels off line.

See ya
Tony

well

in my area

it was ifc from 6am-6pm and if you where watching a movie you where screwed from 6pm-6am it was bravo it was nuts then in
december of 1996 IFC got its own channel on ch 96 now IFC is a digital channel

Thanks, TNGTony, for posting this report.

Since my provider, DirecTV, doesn't currently carry Nickelodeon Games and Sports (GAS), I wonder if it will add the channel -- to be taken over fulltime by The N -- by Dec. 31.

DirecTV will carry both channels when they become available as separate channels. I doubt they would add Nick GaS in the interim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts