Nielsen's Top 10 TV Shows of 2009

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Here's Nielsen's list of Top 10 TV shows, Top 10 single telecasts and Top 10 time-shifted programs for 2009. Note the measurement company is using household ratings here, a lesser-used measurement for primetime programing that suggests the overall percentage of households that tuned into the show (as opposed to the number of viewers or number of adults 18-49).
and Most interesting...
Top 10 "Timeshifted" Primetime TV Programs Rank Programs -- Network % Increase of Timeshifted Viewing
1 Battlestar Galactica SYFY 59.4
2 Mad Men AMC 57.7
3 Damages FX 56.3
4 Rescue Me FX 53.2
5 True Blood HBO 46.9
5 Stargate Universe SYFY 46.9
7 Sanctuary SYFY 45.9
7 Heroes NBC 45.9
9 Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles FOX 45.5
10 10 Things I Hate About You ABC Family 44.9
10 Dollhouse FOX 44.9
10 Melrose Place CW 44.9
Source & More: thrfeed.com

and Most interesting... Source & More: thrfeed.com

And you look at Terminator:SCC and Dollhouse, both of which were killed by low ratings. When half of their viewers are time shifting and not counted, is it any wonder?

It is also interesting that a majority of these shows are cable shows, especially since they are already shown multiple times in a week.

It is also interesting that a majority of these shows are cable shows, especially since they are already shown multiple times in a week.

Not really. Why watch it real time when you can record it and skip all the commercials. :)

NightRyder

1 Battlestar Galactica SYFY 59.4
5 True Blood HBO 46.9
5 Stargate Universe SYFY 46.9
7 Sanctuary SYFY 45.9
7 Heroes NBC 45.9
9 Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles FOX 45.5
10 Dollhouse FOX 44.9

Are the 7 I DVR/DVRed.

6 for us, drop Terminator and it's the same as mine.

We'll even watch something else that's recorded for a bit so that it runs into the show we're recording, allowing us to fast forward through the commercials.

Okay, this could be embarassing - 11 out of 12 for me. The only one I couldn't stand watching was BSG, even though I love SciFi (or is it SyFy now ;) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)