Night-time is digital TV 'skip' time in West Michigan....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Switched over to OTA tonite, when the satellite dish mover on the BUD quit. (will fix tomorrow.) Locals are almost non-existent, but....from just North of I-96 halfway between G.R. and Lansing where we usually have Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Flint on the virtually mapped TV dial, the "usuals" are fighting to get in, and instead, Cadillac/Traverse City; Ann Arbor/Detroit are showing up on "scan additional" tonite.

Digital is certainly a little less "predictable" than the snowy and black-"floating hum-bar" (TV) skip of my younger years when multiple stations would fight to be seen! Wasn't expecting this tonite with the cooler temps, either!

On the roof: My favorite TV antenna of all time....Antennacraft RV style antenna, plastic housing, VHF dipoles in back, UHF directors in front. total of 4 elements and a kick-donkey amplifier. Wish they still made this model today! Radio shack sold it back in the 1980's and 1990's. Somewhat directional, VERY effective.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.....

Attachments

• antenna 1986 Radio Shack Antennacraft.jpg
    antenna 1986 Radio Shack Antennacraft.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 182
Two weeks ago I received CW channel 15 and sub channel The Cool TV from Lancaster crystal clear with no breakups for about 2 hours here in Pittsburgh 249 miles away using an Antennacraft MXU59 antenna. This time of year those "skip" channels can be received from time to time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)