Nimiq 4 strength

I,m new to this forum but here in ApacheJunction AZ with a 30in dish 4 8 10 12 18 22 24 26 are all dead on 91. For the record everything was there on the way down 3 weeks ago even the last nite in Galup NM it was all there. I don't care about HD so until SC comes up with a dish that mounts on a rv roof I will keep the bell.

Non pas de tout. Parce que le récepteur BEV ne verrouillé pas le satellite de DirecTV. C'est Nimiq 4 TP3 à 100%. Mais je vois que Nimiq 2 est à -86.29:eek:

hey now...can we please keep it in English ;)
(sad part is I understand part of it and I do not speak any French)

hey now...can we please keep it in English ;)

Sure thing Iceberg. :D

(sad part is I understand part of it and I do not speak any French)

Excellent :up Hmmm.... now what does that tell us?

But on a more serious note, I wonder why TP3 continues at 100% and it must obviously be on Nimiq 4, yet all of the other TPs are much weaker. I also notice that the programming on TP3 is mainly SD.

I read on digitalhome.ca @ Digital Forum > Forum en français > Distributeurs de Services de Télévisions > Bell Télé where some one had posted that his installer told him "yesterday" (28/Oct/08) that one will need 3 LNBs , the sat. 82 will be for french language , sat. 91 for english and the new one for HD.

I am not sure how accurate this is or if it even makes any sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a rumor that 72.5 will be for ExpressVu too

Dish is using 72.5 right now but just the odds. DirecTv has the evens but will probably give that spot up to EVu....Directv is using 72.5 for some smaller cities locals but is moving them off of there to 119 or 101

Interesting rumor, but wouldn't 72.5 be too far east for western Canada?

Oh and Happy Halloween. I like what you've done with the place. ;-)

Odds are most people would be able to see it and if it was the case, they could just simply do what Dish does south of the boarder, which is not put content that is releavnt to people out west on an eastern bird, such as locals that do not have a big market peneitration or other cable stations that may restricted to the east/west.

The other half of Ciel-2 is still not spoken for, is it? Perhaps Bell will have a partial East/West ARC like Dish is doing.

-Mike

Interesting rumor, but wouldn't 72.5 be too far east for western Canada?

Oh and Happy Halloween. I like what you've done with the place. ;-)

well just checking a fairly northern western place, prince george, BC

82 elavation is around 18
72 elevation is around 14

doable...but not the best. I know in Minnesota elevation for Dish 148 is 16 and South Dakota did have locals on 148 so they were doing that (heck North Dkota had them too)

SD in SW

I,m new to this forum but here in ApacheJunction AZ with a 30in dish 4 8 10 12 18 22 24 26 are all dead on 91. For the record everything was there on the way down 3 weeks ago even the last nite in Galup NM it was all there. I don't care about HD so until SC comes up with a dish that mounts on a rv roof I will keep the bell.
I am in Palm Springs, CA and with an 18" have the same resullts for dead transponders on 91 but have all others over 70 strength or higher. There are only a relatively few channels affected, mostly in the time shifting 200's.(All of the Calgary stations are dead as well as the west feeds of the US networks.) There is a suggestion that Nimiq 2 is being moved to 91 and if this is the case, we may get back some or all of the SD transponders, at least for the time being.

Nimiq 2 appears to be at 91 now.

NIMIQ 2
Mon, 03 Nov 2008 03:21:25 GMT
Latitude: -0.04°
Longitude: -90.69°

-Mike

Good news tonite TP 4 came back from 0 to 95% brought back Globle from toronto Space & 507 Fox not sure what else.

I wonder if this improvement has anything to do with Echo8 starting to broadcast at 77w. Perhaps its a way to test interference between the two satellites, or they figured that there isn't any between Nimiq 4 and Echo8?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts