Nimiq 82W contour map, a first take

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It takes a 2.4 meter offset dish to get 82 in central Florida. 60-73 on all transponders.....but rain fade is an issue. I have tried for years to get 91 on a 2.4, but I suspect it is a lower power bird not being digital. Spent a few hours at the pole last week with a bird dog ultra that has the correct chip sets in it to identify the nimiq birds as when the went turbo...all previous bird dogs became obsolete , but no joy with 91. It is an issue now not having 91 as bell quit steaming the program guide on 82, which makes the DVR functon useless. I don't think they make a larger offset dish than the 2.5 that does not cost over 10K, if somebody knows, please advise!

After a week of collecting data and working with nelson61 to try and reproduce the information, attached is a projected contour map of the Nimiq 4 satellite located at 82w.

Note that this map is based soley on user reports of reception (I collected over 70 different reception reports). If you have a reading for Nimiq 4 that you see is not placed on the map, please report it and hopefully nelson61 can find some time to make some additions. The elements that we looked at were satellite size, highest peaking TP (excluding TP 3 & 4 which may still be broadcasting from another Nimiq satellite) and lowest peaking TP, as well as location of the user.

Here is his notes in the last message he sent me on it...

Hope this helps some out, and maybe we can slip this into the Uplink Report :rolleyes:
After a week of collecting data and working with nelson61 to try and reproduce the information, attached is a projected contour map of the Nimiq 4 satellite located at 82w.

Note that this map is based soley on user reports of reception (I collected over 70 different reception reports). If you have a reading for Nimiq 4 that you see is not placed on the map, please report it and hopefully nelson61 can find some time to make some additions. The elements that we looked at were satellite size, highest peaking TP (excluding TP 3 & 4 which may still be broadcasting from another Nimiq satellite) and lowest peaking TP, as well as location of the user.

Here is his notes in the last message he sent me on it...

Hope this helps some out, and maybe we can slip this into the Uplink Report :rolleyes:

Does anyone know which channels wont be received in AZ under the new ku Nimiq 4? Or where i can find out?