Nimiq 91 is alive in NC!

It is so odd how your weakest was my strongest! I think that if is so strange.
Transponder 13 was your strongest ?

I talked to the seller today. The dish is being shipped today. So hopefully it will make it here from Florida by mid-week.

Transponder 13 was your strongest ?

I talked to the seller today. The dish is being shipped today. So hopefully it will make it here from Florida by mid-week.
Actually 16 was. But still, it is so odd how transponders coming from the same sat can vary in strength per location.

Actually 16 was. But still, it is so odd how transponders coming from the same sat can vary in strength per location.

I am pretty sure I checked channel 536 (CHCH) for transponder 16. But cannot check it now, because it is raining here - so the signal is down.

My unstable transponders are 3,4,7,8, 11,12,15,16,19,20,23,24, 28, 32 for Bell 91. It is so odd that I get t21at 73 percent but I do not get some transponders at all.

Bell has started back up!

I got my account started back up!

I will admit that the Shaw HD does look a lot better. I do realize that I am comparing MPEG2 pictures to MPEG4.

The standard definition on Bell seems to look better than Shaw.

The new, blue, white and black software does not seem as nice as the previous dark blue, red and white software.

I would have considered keeping Shaw, had I been able to get G1.

I also like the "send to" feature on the Bell PVR for the external hard drive. When I connect my DVD recorder to the Bell 9242, I get the entire picture, instead of pic in letterbox. Oh, for the channels I want, I pay $30 less.

As far as the unstable transponders ..they seem to come in about 6:00 PM and stay until morning.

If I could do it all over, I would have never gone to Shaw and bought an 8 foot dish with and adaptor for the 2 LNB's. But, so many said that 91 was impossible to get here.

Re Nimig 91 alive in NC!

I live in south jersey and I got a 6ft dish last fall and got a bell signal a little stronger then your getting.
I noticed that I lost some of my S and Q in the summer months but now it seems to be getting better and
a few of the tps are getting stronger. I am just wondering if your getting a better S and Q now? It might
sound crazy but I was thinking that with the earth axis in the fall tilted getting a better S and Q might be
changing the angle where your picking up 91 in the fringe area. Just wondering if your getting a better
S and Q now? edlkll

They sure do.

Also seeing references to S & Q, makes me think that Bell Receivers are not being used for signal reception, as I have yet to see a Bell IRD with Signal Quality meter.

I want everyone who was told that the G1 footprint went further then 91 to know that is possibly incorrect. I am actually on the NC/VA line

So I guess based on this, it would probably be impossible to get G1 in NW Alabama, 34.043N, even with a 2.4 or 3.0 meter dish? Does this dealer you got the 1.8m from have a website?

You will not see G1 in bama, not even in Tennessee.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I got my 6 foot dish from satellitedish.com It was $600 after shipping. If I were to do it over again, I would NOT have bought the 4 foot dish; he sells.an adaptor to add a second sat for the 6 footer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)