nimiq1 and 2 in Orlando,FL

brainy2000

Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
Hello,
I Would really appreciate if someone could point me to a resource to help me set up canadian channels in Orlando, area.
I have a local installer coming to install, I need to give him the set up info.
I have a standard 18" dish with dual lnb.
thanks very much for yoyr help

Hello,
I Would really appreciate if someone could point me to a resource to help me set up canadian channels in Orlando, area.

You are wasting your time with a 18" in Orlando, but its your time and money to blow....
Code:
                        Orlando, FL 32839
          Latitude 28° 29.226'N Longitude 81° 24.492'W

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m)   El  Skew
----------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>> NOTE: Calculate Skew values from 90 degrees West <<<<<<<
>>>>>>> Remember most DBS Dishes have 22.5 Degree offset <<<<<<<

Nimiq 2/3   82.0W 181.2 187.0 56.7   1.1
                           Center   86.5W 190.6 196.3 56.3   9.3
                          Nimiq 1   91.0W 199.5 205.2 55.1  17.1
                         Nimiq 4i   91.1W 199.7 205.4 55.1  17.2

Anik F1/F1R  107.3W 225.5 231.2 46.2  38.8
    StarChoice 75cm Dual LNB Dish  111.1W 230.1 235.8 43.5  42.4
                          Anik F2  111.1W 230.1 235.8 43.5  42.4

Last edited:
thanks HDTVFanatic, if 18" wont work, what will? If I need a bigger dish where can I get one locally or on ebay? I have google it so many times but not getting much help.
Willing to work hard/ read if u can point me to source.

Thanks a bunch

Hello,

Give your installer these settings for an elliptical dish in Orlando for Bell XpressVu (2 sats. at 82 and 91 deg.)

Elevation - 56.5 deg.

Azimuth - 196 deg.

Skew - 100 deg.

They use Dish Network equipment, so have him bring a larger dish with a twin LNBF.

The first question you should ask is:

"Can I receive Nimiq 3/4i at this location?"

If you can't, it's time to look at other options.

The first question you should ask is:

"Can I receive Nimiq 3/4i at this location?"

If you can't, it's time to look at other options.

You do know that 3 and 4i are in different locations right?

To stop the confusion, you need to ask if you can receive 91W and 82W. I doubt you can get both with a Dish 500. I'd setup two 24" dishes and maybe even a larger for 82W.

To stop the confusion, you need to ask if you can receive 91W and 82W. I doubt you can get both with a Dish 500. I'd setup two 24" dishes and maybe even a larger for 82W.

part of the issue is there are 2 satellites at both 91 & 82

Nimiq1 (24 TP's on 91) you can get in Florida
Nimiq 2 (24 TP's...I think...on 82) you should be able to get. You will need a larger dish (24")

Nimiq 3 (8 TP's on 82) and Nimiq 4 (8 TP's on 91) you probably will not get even with a larger dish due to the footprint.

2 winters ago I received a number of calls from Canadian Snowbirds in Florida and RV'ers who could no longer receive Bell E*Vu channels and transponders any further south than the Florida/Georgia border due to footprint change and beam focus on 91 & 82. Most of them threw away their 18 and 24 inch E*Vu dishes and went to *Choice.

part of the issue is there are 2 satellites at both 91 & 82

Nimiq1 (24 TP's on 91) you can get in Florida
Nimiq 2 (24 TP's...I think...on 82) you should be able to get. You will need a larger dish (24")

Nimiq 3 (8 TP's on 82) and Nimiq 4 (8 TP's on 91) you probably will not get even with a larger dish due to the footprint.

what transponders are they ones that are missing? I've heard of people especially on the west coast not getting certain HD channels... i am just curious if the transponders with the nascar channels are missing or are available.. as that will make or break whether or not i get this..

any information would rock..

what transponders are they ones that are missing? I've heard of people especially on the west coast not getting certain HD channels... i am just curious if the transponders with the nascar channels are missing or are available.. as that will make or break whether or not i get this..

any information would rock..

If yoyu go to http://www.lyngsat.com
you'll find the info you need as to what transponders BEV channels are on. How ever it doesn't say if there on N3 or N4. Iy lists them as N1 & N2, it might be of some use.

TOM

Orlando

You might be interested in this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=76882

bluereef, who posted to the above thread, was particularly helpful in providing assitance to me personally. He uses X-vu in Orlando. You may wish to reach out to him in a private message.

I really like the Bell/Dish interface. My mother has *Choice and I find it much less intuitive (and much slower).

Good luck to you!

Trying to sift through these threads is killing me. BellExpressVu non HD subscriber for years. Just wanted to upgrade to HD ( Atlanta area) Basic &Sports package. Installed today and I am missing TSN and Rogers Sports net in HD. Any work around or is it just too weak a footprint? Thanks.

Trying to sift through these threads is killing me. BellExpressVu non HD subscriber for years. Just wanted to upgrade to HD ( Atlanta area) Basic &Sports package. Installed today and I am missing TSN and Rogers Sports net in HD. Any work around or is it just too weak a footprint? Thanks.

I think that the footprint is adequate to cover Atlanta, although I can't say with absolute certainty. I am a non-HD subscriber and get everything in fine here in Atlanta.

Thanks for the response. I am in Woodstock and have had 2 nonHD BEV 3100 receivers for 3 years with all the channels as you describe.

Just installed the HD which requires dual satellite Nimiq 1 and Nimiq 2. Got the signal fine, but I am missing to HD channels ( not even on the grid menu ). I think it is a footprint issue for the satellit that carries those 2 channels only. I use Comcast for cable and once I saw hockey in HD on Versus I had to get it for HNIC which I will get now but I can't seem to get TSN and Rogers Sports net in HD ( I do get the nonHD channels )

Thanks for the response. I am in Woodstock and have had 2 nonHD BEV 3100 receivers for 3 years with all the channels as you describe.

Just installed the HD which requires dual satellite Nimiq 1 and Nimiq 2. Got the signal fine, but I am missing to HD channels ( not even on the grid menu ). I think it is a footprint issue for the satellit that carries those 2 channels only. I use Comcast for cable and once I saw hockey in HD on Versus I had to get it for HNIC which I will get now but I can't seem to get TSN and Rogers Sports net in HD ( I do get the nonHD channels )

Have your broker or whoever is managing your account call and tell them you want them turned on. They won't automatically come on. I don't think you need to subscribe to the HD pack to get them as long as you have the Sports theme, but I may be wrong.

I'm in South Florida, and as of now, they are on tp's we can get.

She called them and it's resolved. I would have thought they would show up on the grid like 849 did in red ( beacuase I don't subscribe too Sports pack 2&3 )but apparently they hadn't activated the Sports pack 1 HD feature.
Got TSNHD ( 850) and 851 now along with the other HD programming. To get anything in HD you have to $10/month extra and anything you subscribe to in regular programming, that is available in HD , should turn on between 800-900. Get to watch Grapes in HD tomorrow.Life doesn't get any better. Thanks.

Uplink Activity Report - 02/22/2007 - 4 changes

Uplink Activity Report - 02/23/2007 - 15 changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)