Nine new HD PPV Channels?

I won't buy any but I think it's a reasonable thing for them to do. Why add more "HD" channels with NO HD content. This is content people will want.

I disagree. I think there is more demand for a few hours of HD content a day from a USA, FX, TBS, Sci-Fi, etc. than for more HD PPV channels.

The only way I can figure this makes sense is if they are doing it to leverage underutilized bandwidth by time-sharing with the HD RSNs.

Nobody said that they weren't going to add all of those channels that you mentioned in addition to these.

They can always switch them off again if nobodies watching or they need the bandwidth for something else later. Why wouldnt they use up all the bandwidth they are paying for. Makes good biz sense to me

Plus hey, it all helps in the E* and D* race. :)

Think it has anything to do with this message I sent the CEo office on June 6th ?

We would really take advantage of your HD PPV channel if you offered more variety. Can’t you put on 5 or 6 different movies a week or day or so or maybe even add another channel, having two with 5 or 6 different movies a week ? With the format wars in HD-DVD and Blue-Ray still not settled, very few are willing to spend money on these players. You could really fill a gap that exists now. Downloading HD movies on Xbox with their very restrictive viewing policies is not a great option either. Recording HD PPV is an option many of us have now, so even putting on many during the night to record would be a great deal.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.satelliteguys.us

The addition of any HD channel is great news. We just need more HD channels with HD content.

I wonder if this is another issue of marketing being ahead of engineering.

I may watch a couple now and then, but the price will definitely determine how many and how often. $4.99 will definitely mean fewer than at $3.99. That's one of the main reasons I've never utilized VOD - too expensive.

Give me Sci-Fi, USA, FX and a few others (like the HBO's, Starz's and TMC's) in HD and I'd really be smiling...

$4.99 is way too high when other services charge $3.99 for HD PPV

I would watch a lot at $3.99 as that seems to be the fair market price rental for HD and Blue ray HDs

the $64K question: are the HDPPV's gonna be $4.99 or $3.99 ?

My suspicion is the former :(

They are already $5! I paid that for [/i]Bridge to Terabitha[/i]. Methinks I will just upconvert SD DVD's (I don't have a Blu-Ray player) from Netflix or RedBox in the future. The PPV channel looks better than HBO/Max/UniHD/HDnet movies, but that's not saying much these days.

PPV HD movies works for me - might have to get an external hard drive sooner than I had planned.
I'll pay the 4.99 for HD where i won't pay 3.99 fo SD, the power of Hi-def.

It costs me $4.99 to rent an HD-DVD, so paying the same to watch titles that are Blu-Ray exclusive and not having to drive and get the movie is worth it for me.

And I agree this is a great way to use remaining bandwidth as they can just turn them off as needed.

Now, will I be able to archive these to the external drive as I have in the past? We shall see.

We will grab a few. I was going to download some on the 360 until I read the restrictions, what a bunch of crap. Won't by an HD DVD player until they get the price down and their crap together, so this is great news. I can't stand to watch SD stuff on our HDTV's any more unless I have no choice.

Dual tuner question

With Today's HD Additions, What's Next?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)