With Today's HD Additions, What's Next?!

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
Knowing full well that I should just enjoy the new channels and keep quiet, I can't help but wonder, what's next?! :D I've heard rumblings from a few posters here that CNN HD and TBS HD may be in the works for next month, but does anyone know what and when they will be adding the channels they spoke of in September? Any theories?

I'm pretty sure that it was stated that the History Channel HD is supposed to launch on Sept 1st on Dish Network. Also TBS-HD and CNN-HD are expected sometime in Sept.

Yeah I heard the same History,TBS,CNN and I think the Weather Channel. But not for sure maybe Scott or someone else could fill us in.

Hows about some Cleveland HD LiLs... When I signed up a year ago, they said "by the end of the year".... How about by the end of THIS year???

Rob I expect those to be after the launch of the next sat, we are close! me and you are in the same boat, I really want the locals in HD as well. The only reason I can think they werent on there was becasuse maybe a channel was playing hardball with them on the discussions (woio cbs seems to be a thorn in everyones side)

With six channels going live today and VOOM still not mpeg4 there should be a lot of room for more HD!

I would love my locals and my RSN in HD.

CNN-HD and TBS-HD sound likely. Personally I would love to have *flame suit on* the Big Ten Network HD in September.

You should see USA-HD and SciFi-HD this fall on Dish.

The circumstantial evidence is that E* did not change the abbrevation of Universal HD to match the other HD channels. This indicates that it is going away soon, probably because it would then only require the bandwidth of one additional HD channels to add both...

And, the showing of Flash Gordon Pilot in HD a few days after the SD showing indicates that Universal is aware of HD issues and wants the change to happen soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)