With Today's HD Additions, What's Next?!

SciFi-HD has been at the top of my wish list for a while. The only catch now is that I haven't stayed current on BG except for watching the delayed HD shown on UHD. (Not too much interest in watching any scifi in SD.) So I guess I'd have a lot of quick catching up to do.

And, the showing of Flash Gordon Pilot in HD a few days after the SD showing indicates that Universal is aware of HD issues and wants the change to happen soon.

And I watched it in SD. I do not see it in the guide this week, so I guess it was just the pilot.

You should see USA-HD and SciFi-HD this fall on Dish.

The circumstantial evidence is that E* did not change the abbrevation of Universal HD to match the other HD channels. This indicates that it is going away soon, probably because it would then only require the bandwidth of one additional HD channels to add both...

And, the showing of Flash Gordon Pilot in HD a few days after the SD showing indicates that Universal is aware of HD issues and wants the change to happen soon.

I would really hate to see Universal HD go away (and not because of that god-awful Flash Gordon show although it was nice to be able to see it in HD and then decide that it was god-awful!).

SciFi-HD has been at the top of my wish list for a while. The only catch now is that I haven't stayed current on BG except for watching the delayed HD shown on UHD. (Not too much interest in watching any scifi in SD.) So I guess I'd have a lot of quick catching up to do.

I agree with you there. I would watch SCIFI if it was in HD but I do not every watch anything on there now. We need to start some kind of movement to let these channels know that they are losing viewers/revenue. I am about to start my NFL boycott this year because our local CBS and FOX still are not HD and I can't stand to watch overcompressed SD football any longer.

IIRC USA said they will be offering USA in HD beginning of sept but don't think I've seen any comments from Dish as to if or when they might carry it but hope they do.

You should see USA-HD and SciFi-HD this fall on Dish.

The circumstantial evidence is that E* did not change the abbrevation of Universal HD to match the other HD channels. This indicates that it is going away soon, probably because it would then only require the bandwidth of one additional HD channels to add both...

Kstuart,

USA HD and Scifi HD are not going to be available to any provider until sometime in 2008. So where you get the idea that Dish is going to be able to pull a HD channel from nowhere is news to me.

John

I am pretty sure there was talk a month ago - when the rumor first came out - that we'd get a second HBO feed in HD.

But just a little less than three weeks until we get History-HD (Sept 5th now); and then with even more to come, its a good time for Dish.

Nope, that is NFL Network, not NHL Network.

I don't claim to be a sports channel expert but what are these?

391 - NHLHD [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam - Not Available
390 - NHLHD [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam - Not Available
389 - NHLHD [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 30 ConUS beam - Not Available
393 - NHLHD [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam - Not Available
392 - NHLHD [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam - Not Available
9463 - NHLHD [MPEG2 HD] - EchoStar8 110W TP 13 ConUS beam - Not Available

I don't claim to be a sports channel expert but what are these?

391 - NHLHD [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam - Not Available
390 - NHLHD [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam - Not Available
389 - NHLHD [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 30 ConUS beam - Not Available
393 - NHLHD [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam - Not Available
392 - NHLHD [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam - Not Available
9463 - NHLHD [MPEG2 HD] - EchoStar8 110W TP 13 ConUS beam - Not Available

I believe those are channels alotted by Dish to allow some NHL Center Ice Games to be in HD.

I look for next month for DISH to add tbs in hd along with a lot more channels to compete with Directv's launch of their new hd channels. There is still more room if DISH would convert all HD channels to mpeg 4 .

I am sure we can count on TBS-HD for baseball. I personally think they will add The Movie Channel HD to have all premiums accounted for. I am curious to know when Cartoon Network HD is lauching?----my kids love that stuff and to see it in HD only sweetens the deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)