Eva Greczkowski

The Prize Goddess
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 8, 2004
Connecticut
Hi Everyone!

In my shopping travels, I found some Wii. We are giving one away at the Holiday Party, but I am trying to sell the remaining 3 to recoup some of the expenses of the Holiday Gifts.

I currently have 3 Wii for sale. I will sell them for $350 shipped in the CONUS. PM me if interested.

I WILL ship them, and payment will be sent to Scott@satelliteguys.us via Paypal.

Thanks and have a Happy Holiday Season!

PG

Hmmm. Some guy was selling a brand new Wii for $329, and got a ton of crap from a bunch of idiots accusing him of ripping off fellow SatGuys members.

Gosh. I wonder why they aren't saying anything here? I guess they probably aren't members anymore, or something.

Laff, nice one Gary. I too was waiting for the same people to chime in on this one. Like I said in your post and it applies here....
You can price it however you want, no one is forced to buy it so the asking price should not be an issue.

There is not actually that much profit in these.

We paid $265 with tax for the unit and are charging $350, paypal is taking their cut which is $11.00 and shipping for the unit via UPS is around $15. That makes out profit on each one around $59. (That does not include the time spent outside in line at 6am for both of us to obtain these units) :)

Now take a look at Ebay they are selling for $400 - $425 each, plus $35 shipping....

The reason we got extra units is so we could sell them on Ebay to help us offset some of the costs of the Holiday Party we are having here. (in fact we just spent over $600 tonight on more prizes) but in talking it over with my wife we decided instead of Ebay to just make them available to our members. (Then we don't need to pay any ebay fees) and in addition we make some of our members very happy who have been searching all over for these things.

And making our members happy is one of the things we enjoy doing here the best. :)

It is a fair price for an item that is virtually impossible to come by at this time. No need to defend it, Scott.

Three SatGuys members are going to have some very happy kids this Christmas!!!

People should be jumping on this, as they are only going to get more expensive on Ebay, the closer it gets to Christmas.

Two years ago when the xbox 360 came out, I paid one of our members almost $1000 for it. The retail on it was $399, but my son had to have it for xmas. I then bought a second xbox from another member, at the bargain price of $600 i believe(for my nephews)! I wanted to be able to make it reasonable for our members who really want this for their kids. :) We have literally spent well over $3,000 in prizes for our Holiday Party, the Wii sales just offset that a bit. Please be sure to join us for our Holiday FUN on Dec 10th! :D

Well as of now, its a great deal, since release date, I haven't seen a Wii yet...
Not at Costco,not at Target, not at Gamestop, not even at Wal-Mart....its a rare thing to come across, and especially at this time of the year.
I am 19 and I sure know about it :).
I have some friends that were looking for one, I will let them know about this.

I am the one that bought one from PG - and I am so glad you guys offered them for sale! THANK YOU! My 10 year old has wanted a Wii since they first came out. So we decided we would surprise her and buy her one for Christmas - well no stores around here have them, and when they do they are gone. My wife tracked down that Best Buy had some yesterday - she was there to buy one, and they had sold all 10 that came in within a few minutes (less than 20 minutes - the time it took her to drive there). So, thanks to PG and Scott, my daughter will be VERY surprised and happy come Christmas.

So, for $350, I got the Wii I was looking for without having to spend time trying to find one, gas $ driving around for one, etc. $250 at Best Buy + tax + gas + time and NO guarentee that I would get one, I am real close to $350. So again, THANKS PG and Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is not actually that much profit in these.

We paid $265 with tax for the unit and are charging $350, paypal is taking their cut which is $11.00 and shipping for the unit via UPS is around $15. That makes out profit on each one around $59. (That does not include the time spent outside in line at 6am for both of us to obtain these units) :)

Now take a look at Ebay they are selling for $400 - $425 each, plus $35 shipping....

The reason we got extra units is so we could sell them on Ebay to help us offset some of the costs of the Holiday Party we are having here. (in fact we just spent over $600 tonight on more prizes) but in talking it over with my wife we decided instead of Ebay to just make them available to our members. (Then we don't need to pay any ebay fees) and in addition we make some of our members very happy who have been searching all over for these things.

And making our members happy is one of the things we enjoy doing here the best. :)

One Wii down, two to go. PM if interested :)

Happy Holidays
Just purchased the second one. Thanks PG and Scott. We both win on this one. I don't have to go out and find one and SatGuys makes a small profit. Definitely a win-win.:D And the prompt service is greatly appreciated.

They're gone over here now too... Target had a bunch of them. All gone. I should have bought them all on the credit card when I had the chance and sold them on Ebay! ;)

Thanks for the kind words Voyager and iafirebuff. You should both have your wiis soon! I do still have one more for sale. I MAY have a second one, that I was supposed to sell to a co worker, but his car just died, and he may no longer have it in the budget. Anyone who is interested pm me :D