No 110

ked

Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
I have a superdish with a dp 34 switch. yesterday the bedroom tv had no 110 on it Also 119 had 35% signal strength but only comes on for a little while. Then it will try to find satellite and flip back to picture and then back to find satellie and on and on. It does this with 35% signal. I have no signal strength on 110. When I do a check switch it says only one satellite and also says there is a problen with the switch. I religned the dish to good signal strength 55% and checked all connections. Dish says something about the sinal strength has been adjusted or whatever so I assume 55% is ok. MY living room tv works just fine coming off the same satellite and dp34 switch. My question is, when they say switch is it the lnb or the dp34?

The switch refers to the DP34. Without actually looking at this it could be a couple of things. You may want to try swapping the bedroom tv with the living room tv on the 34 switch(swap the ports they are connected to). If the bedroom suddenly works fine and the living room doesn't, you have a bad port on the 34 switch. Since you have a superdish, I'm guessing the switch is many years old at this point. Also, check the cable running to the bedroom from the switch to the receiver. There could be water damage somewhere in the cable that you may not see with a quick look.

Which superdish do you have? Is it the 121 superdish or the 105 superdish? You can find this info out on the check switch screen. The LNB's on superdishes are known to fail regularly and when I worked for DNS we were required to remove all superdishes and replace them with dish 500s to prevent future problems. If you have the 121, the 110 sat is coming in on the DP dual (or single) and most likely should be fine.

Try these troubleshooting techniques first and let us know what you find out. If the port on the switch is bad, try connecting to an open port on the switch instead and see what happens. You could also take the superdish down altogether and go with a dish 500 also.

You may want to try this. take your living room reciever and test it in the bedroom and other room your having trouble in. If it works in the other rooms, might be the receivers in the other rooms may be going bad, ran to this exact problem when one room was fine others missing the 110, it was a receiver issue, checking your lines to the switch wouldn't hurt either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)