no 118 option in satellite menu

rjousuf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
I had my dish 500 plus installed in an apartment and now moved it to a house. I only had 118 lnb and no switches or any other lnbs connected to dish for 110, 119 etc. using a single 311 receiver ONLY for international programming. At the new house i put the dish up on roof and connected it to the receiver and did a check switch in the dish setup menu. Now there is no option to select 118 dish in the Point dish screen. I can see 110, 119, and all other satellite but no 118. How can get that 118 back in the options so i can allign the dish using the signal meter. Can i use 110 or 119 and move the dish around and get 118, even though it is not listed in the options? will i still get the signal but with message of "wrong satellite" and get the channels back, or it wont work like that?
thanks for your help
ps: When i had the dish at the apartment, i could see the 118 option in the point dish menu, so it jus got disappread when i moved to the house and did a check switch.

It dissappeared when you told it to check for a signal that wasn;t there. Suggest calling 1-800-333-3474 and setting up an installation by someone that knows what they are doing.

you can use 119 to aim the dish. Once it finds 119 it will add 118 to the list. Seen that happen on those 311/301 receivers. Once it gets a signal it will say "downloading all available satellites" then 118 will be in there

Use the cable from the 119 side of the 118/119 LNB. Select 119 and an EVEN transponder (some of the odds are spotbeams that only cover part of the US). Once you get 119 locked in there at good reception, then switch the cable to 118 side (there are 2 spots on the LNB) and select 118. Make sure signal looks good then run check switch