No 360 price drop this fall.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Honestly, do you expect them to admit it? They want you to go buy one NOW, saying a price drop is coming would cut their summer sales in half...

Purogamer said:
Honestly, do you expect them to admit it? They want you to go buy one NOW, saying a price drop is coming would cut their summer sales in half...

The Xbox 360 has already been effectively price dropped. Fry's has been bundling a Xbox 360 + game (depending on the week PGR3 or Ridge Racer so far) for $409 for a few weeks now.

I'm actually looking for Microsoft to release upgraded configurations to challenge the PS3 release.

I think the 20GB hard drive will be added to the core system and it will keep the for $299 price point.

I think the new "premium" will be called something like the Xbox 360 Live System and come with a pack-in, 3-6 months of Live Gold, possibly integrated wi-fi, and a higher capacity hard drive (80-120GB to trump Sony) and retail for something like $429.

The old "premium" stock would be dropped to $359 until suplies ran out.

I think just dropping the core will save them some money, no?

I think it'll be cheaper this fall, but you won't hear MS admit to it until the day it happens. Whether it's what's out now for less, or bundles that save you money, who knows, but they'll do something. Would be nice if they were lying to us and snuck halo 3 out the door in november...wink...

I didn't think that M$ would drop the price that soon. I bet however they will include Xbox360 and HD-DVD bundles for cheaper prices than Sony PS3. Now that would be a good deal.

an HD-DVD bundle wouldn't appeal to anyone. Mainstream gamers won't need it because it doesn't play games, and hardcore users won't want it for (current) lack of HDMI ports...

They've got to come up with some bundles that people want. Throwing in a project gotham game is no ones idea of a good bundle...

Why drop the price if they feel they have the better product at a lower price? Is there something wrong with the Xbox360? Do they think that lowering the price will get them to beat the PS2 in sales? Are they worried about Nitendo and the Wii? Why would Microsoft want to lose more money? Is this why Bill Gates is jumping ship to run his benevolent outreaches? This is begining to sound like MICRO- GATE!!!:D

^wow...

Bill is taking one foot off the boat, not jumping ship. He's been doing this a LONG time and has other, more important to him, things to do. If MS was in trouble he'd be giving some money back to it instead of billions upon billions to kids in africa.

I think MS is NOT worried about their finances at all...