No 4x fast forward = deal breaker

DISH knows exactly how many people used the 4X speed which obviously isn't very many or they would have kept it.

So what if it wasn't the most popular speed, what exactly is gained by removing it, other than annoying those who did use it?

This is just another example of why proprietary systems are bad.

Reactions: TheLip
This is just another example of why proprietary systems are bad.
Yeah. Damn Tivo and their copyright claims.

I use 4x rewind mostly to find a particular scene or play I just missed. The other speeds are too fast to do a visual search.

Reactions: DWS44
So you knew we were discussing the H3, and you decided to add in into knowing that your input had nothing to do with the discussion? Well played...

Funny... This thread seemed like a discussion of how all the different Hoppers handle and/or offer which trick play speeds. Not really seeing where Charles comments have been that out of line or off topic.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Count me as another person who uses 4x a lot. I don't understand why Echostar removed it for their new interface. I imagine that when Dish forces the new interface on the hopper with sling units they will have a lot of unhappy customers and have a lot of complaints. I know that Dish monitors this forum so maybe they will reconsider their decision. A smart company does not try to alienate their customers. This is just my opinion but I am convinced that there are many that feel the same way.

Reactions: TheLip
Not trolling you for a debate but just curious, as I never use anything but skip forward and back. That's the reason I've stuck with Dish all these years in that I don't believe Directv had that for the longest time.

What is is you use 4x speed for...sports?

I use 4x a lot. I really wish there was one selection that takes you to the end like most DVRs have.

I use 4X a good bit. 15X is just too fast when looking for a particular scene.

So you knew we were discussing the H3, and you decided to add in into knowing that your input had nothing to do with the discussion? Well played...

I think you are misunderstanding of his and navychop's replies. They are simply supporting the use of 4X and it is a reply to the first quote I reposted. The post above this one is a similar response. It would seem only natural people with earlier Hoppers would post about a feature missing - or added to a newer version.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Whether or not H2 or H3 ,
Charles is running normal software and the H2s with S version software with the old Hopper UI .
Thats why he has 4x.

Now Ive been running two H2s with U carbon software since January and the 4x hasn't been available just the same as the H3.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I mostly use the 30 second skip, but the FF did come in handy on the Olympics. I used it to skip sports that did not interest me. On water polo, I used the 300X and did not have a problem stopping when it was over. Also to skip the commentators, which 15x was perfect. I never use 4x, because it is too slow. You need to get your mind to think faster. On most football the skip back works perfect to see plays over again, but the commentator usually shows the replay several times anyway.

On most football the skip back works perfect...
For American football, the FF buttons are huge time-savers in cases where you DVR a game. You can usually watch the 'event' that takes, what 2-1/2 hours, to broadcast, in less then 30 minutes ! There's 3x more standing around, timeouts, commercials, etc, etc than "football".

Yeah. Damn Tivo and their copyright claims.

I have no idea whether it has anything to do with Tivo, I was thinking more along the lines of why we can't use any of the numerous other satellite receivers with card slots with Dish's service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)