No 622's till march

tomdkat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Just got off the phone with a CSR at the Executive Offices of Dish. He stated as off today no 622's will be shipping till march 1. i ordered mine Feb 1. Be prepared for your install dates to be cancelled. I am sure they will wait until last minute......

Last edited:
Yep that is what I have been hearing too and I think most regs here know it by now.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised about this. I think Scott posted that each distributor is only getting 8 this Friday. Judging by the ad blitz they've had on I'd venture to say that a lot of those first shipments are going to go to "new installs." Once those are eaten up, who knows how long it will take for the 2nd class "existing customer" to get their upgrade equipment.

From what I know around 250 units (gee where have I heard that number before) will be shipping by the end of the week for a limited field test. Depending on the results of these tests will tell if the floodgates can open wider.

With the rollout of 250 units this could be an important time for SatelliteGuys to provide Dish the feedback they are looking for.

Scott Greczkowski said:
From what I know around 250 units (gee where have I heard that number before) will be shipping by the end of the week for a limited field test. Depending on the results of these tests will tell if the floodgates can open wider.

With the rollout of 250 units this could be an important time for SatelliteGuys to provide Dish the feedback they are looking for.
Is it true they're allocating equally to each distribution point? In other words, would someone in an area with fewer HD subs be more likely to get one?

From what I was told by two people in warehouses is that only 8 units were being made available per distribution center. Because two seperate people said it and their number matched I reported it.

This is bull, how come they have plenty of 211's to go around and never had the 622's ready in time, they should have planned this out ahead of time. Dang-it!

Jason

RCDAVIDSON said:
I don't mind waiting, but they should not be charging me until my unit ships.

Really? What about if it's mid March before you're using your 622 you paid $299 for but as of April 1st there's a $200 rebate?

sunfire01 said:
This is bull, how come they have plenty of 211's to go around and never had the 622's ready in time, they should have planned this out ahead of time. Dang-it!

Jason

sunfire01,

I've wondered the same thing myself.

waltinvt said:
Really? What about if it's mid March before you're using your 622 you paid $299 for but as of April 1st there's a $200 rebate?

I for one would wait until April 1 to order in this case, but there are two unknowns at this point. Based on Dish's previous track record with highly wanted receivers but too few in supply:

1) The April 1 rebate will be moved to May 1 or worse.

2) Even if the rebate stays at April 1, how long will it be before you get your 622 (my guess would be mid-May)?

Why do I feel like I'm playing the slots at Las Vegas? Its a gamble right now.

wied said:
Again the rebate is only for current owners of 921 or 942.

This needs to get posted in just about every thread it seems. Also, 811 people you are NOT getting a rebate if you wait.

sonnyboy11 said:
This needs to get posted in just about every thread it seems. Also, 811 people you are NOT getting a rebate if you wait.

While I know that Dish tech Support guys make mistakes a number of people have reported being told that the rebate will be for 811 owners (I was told that tonight) and unless you have something official the its all just rumor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)