No 811 new software till 01/05

Eddie Estes

Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
Don't know if this has been mentioned.
I called Dish today about the Dolby Digital issue and was told
that the next software would'nt be out till 01/05.
When the receiver arrived the 1st tech said it would be out last of Oct
early Nov.
I wanted my 5.1 audio and hoped it would be fixed sooner than that. :mad:

Eddie Estes said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned.
I called Dish today about the Dolby Digital issue and was told
that the next software would'nt be out till 01/05.
When the receiver arrived the 1st tech said it would be out last of Oct
early Nov.
I wanted my 5.1 audio and hoped it would be fixed sooner than that. :mad:

There is a Tech chat tonight. Maybe there will be more info on this issue. I would not trust any information from a CSR on this issue. If you do a search on here you will see release notes for upcoming 811 releases. I am not sure where the DD issue is in the pipe. My guess is that it is down the line since it does not effect all customers.

If you have not, check this link out.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=32125&highlight=811+release+notes

Corrections for Dolby Digital are in firmware release P282, which is now spooling to beta. Should be spooled to phase 1 in a couple weeks, if that...Supposed to go "widespread" before end of November.

Jason

2.83 This Month

I spoke with an advanced technical CSR yesterday about the continuing BSOD. She said 2.83 is set to be released this month.

This is supposed to be P282...P283 is for late Dec early Jan, though it is very possible P282's beta didn't go as planned...however I haven't heard this yet though. I believe my info comes from a bit higher up...;)

Jason

Dolby Digital Issue

nippjas said:
Corrections for Dolby Digital are in firmware release P282, which is now spooling to beta. Should be spooled to phase 1 in a couple weeks, if that...Supposed to go "widespread" before end of November.

Jason

Exactly what is the Dolby Digital issue? Mine seems to be working fine in 5.1. Even the DOLBY pilot light glows on my audio system and I believe that I'm getting true 5.1 audio. I'm using an optical cable straight into my audio system.

Moman19 said:
Exactly what is the Dolby Digital issue? Mine seems to be working fine in 5.1. Even the DOLBY pilot light glows on my audio system and I believe that I'm getting true 5.1 audio. I'm using an optical cable straight into my audio system.

It only affects a few receivers. My Onkyo works just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)