No Audio on PBS X and more

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

grey eagle

Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to audio on pbs x and create on AMC3 but no luck. I get AC3 on a channel called 513 and regular audio on EDS. I know my AC3 is Working . I've tried different VID and Aud setting from The List and from Lyngsat still no audio. I have a Buzz and ahve had it over a year and it works great. On the display the Dolby indicator turns on for EDS and 513 but on PBS x there is no audio signal symbol displayed.
Any ideas or answers.

Equip: Buzz 2010F Plus - 2 Fortec .04 lnbs on a Fortec 90cm dish and a Directway dish
GreyEagle

Welcome Grey!!,
I asked that same question a few day's ago without reading the many posters already posted on the topic of AMC3 no audio...... After I posted my question I was able to answer my own question before someone responded by reading a few day's back.

It seems that you could hook up an external sound source and get audio. I havn't done it yet but looks like there are many way's to do it.

Good luck

I have an Extigy set up and am getting AC3 audio on PBS 513 but nothing on PBS X or Create. I get audio on Ch EDS but nothing on the main Channels. and I get Mont. PBS and the rest fine.
could it be an audio Id change or something I missed ?
What Transponder info do you have for these two ? I figured it might be something I don't have entered correctly.

I deleted them and rescanned.. no luck.
My receiver doesn't pick up 12180 on a scan or blind scan.
I also scanned the transponder but it doesn't pick them up. I had to manually input them.
my quality is 85% on all these.
By the way Iceberg you and this forum really helped me over the past year setting up and choosing equipment.
Thanks again...
:)

Im having no problem. I have heard that some receivers have problems with the AC3 audio on AMC-3. When I bought my Pansat from Mike Kohl at Global communications. He said the Pansat's work well on all AC3. That helped to influence my purchase. Contact your STB's company to see if they have any advice or updates for it.

Thanks for the help, I kind of had a feeling that might be part of the problem. It locks on and scans the TP and finds nothing.

i noticed on one receiver i used (and i can't remember the name) i had to manually select the audio from the menu of the receiver. and then it ran to my external decoder

Hey Guys,
what pids are you using for PBSX and Create. I used :
PBSX TP 12180 V SER 30001 PIDS: 177 and 180
TCREATE TP 12180 V ser 30001 SER but used pids of 305 308

are these what you are using?

Iceberg, do you know if the Visionsat IV picked up and decoded the AC3 on PBS transponders ?

That looks right, I have:
12178 V 30001
schedule one 177/180
schedule two 193/196
schedule three 209/212
schedule four 225/228
schedule five 241/244
V me 257/260
PBS 273/276
PBS 289/292
Create TV 305/308

I have been back for about 6 months now. I just recently got my FTA fully back up. Now im working on getting a house so I can get a cband dish :)

OK. Cool..

Sorry... - i wasn't visiting here that much lately.. so didn't keep up-to-date on "your situation"...

Cool to hear, though, that you're back from there "safe and sound"!

----
.. and by the looks of it - Congrats on your 6000's forum's post! (it says now above .. for you: "Posts: 6,000") :)

Hey Guys,
what pids are you using for PBSX and Create. I used :
PBSX TP 12180 V SER 30001 PIDS: 177 and 180
TCREATE TP 12180 V ser 30001 SER but used pids of 305 308

are these what you are using?

Iceberg, do you know if the Visionsat IV picked up and decoded the AC3 on PBS transponders ?

The VisionSat passes the AC-3 audio out it's spdif ports for decoding by external equipment. I use a Soundblaster Extigy for that purpose. The Visionsat doesn't handle the dolby decode. Many, if not all, of the HD receivers DO handle the Dolby audio internally.

Thanks for the info in the visionsat.
I use extigy for my decoding also but I was wondering if it recognizes the PBS Dolby on AMC3.
Earlier in the thread the Pansat 2700 was shown to pick up the PBS dolby on AMC3 and worked well.
I am looking at buying a visionsat and I didn't want to buy it if it had a problem with the AC3 on the AMC3 satellite.
Have you watched PBS Create or X with your Visionsat with no problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)