No audio w/ hdmi splitter on Joey 3?

jamccoun

Original poster
Dec 13, 2019
Hi,

Just put up a couple Philips 4k Smart TVs in our rec room side by side. Have a Joey 3 that works fine on either tv when wired directly to them. Installed a couple of splitters, 1 in, 2 out (one for Joey and another for XBox One S) so either device can be used on either TV at a given time without moving wires/components around. The XBox works perfectly with both splitters (tested both to see if the one the Joey was using was defective, but both work fine on the XBox). Both TVs receive both audio and video, and they mirror also, although there isn't really a use for that. The same exact splitter and cables provide only video to both TVs with the Joey, no audio. Have tried connecting to one tv at a time, changing outputs, switching them around, etc - nothing. No sound. Perfect picture. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Hi,

Just put up a couple Philips 4k Smart TVs in our rec room side by side. Have a Joey 3 that works fine on either tv when wired directly to them. Installed a couple of splitters, 1 in, 2 out (one for Joey and another for XBox One S) so either device can be used on either TV at a given time without moving wires/components around. The XBox works perfectly with both splitters (tested both to see if the one the Joey was using was defective, but both work fine on the XBox). Both TVs receive both audio and video, and they mirror also, although there isn't really a use for that. The same exact splitter and cables provide only video to both TVs with the Joey, no audio. Have tried connecting to one tv at a time, changing outputs, switching them around, etc - nothing. No sound. Perfect picture. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Have you tried changing the HDMI-CEC setting in Menu > Settings > Remote Control > Advanced?

Thanks for the reply. I'm fairly sure I went through all the audio options on both the tv(s) and the Joey, but I'll definitely look again when I get home and let you know. I also considered that it may be an HDCP issue, but do you know if that would only cut out audio? I can't seem to find anything online anywhere with my exact issue; most folks I've seen can't get audio period out of any device connected to the splitter.

Tried changing CEC, which was 'ON', to 'OFF', which did not change anything, then back to 'ON', and still nothing. So, hard reset the Joey, which for whatever reason I had not tried yet. Stupid, as that should have been the #1 thing to try, and what do you know, problem solved. Thanks again, JSheridan, for your reply - your help is very much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)