no auto hop option on ABC and NBC shows from last night? What's up with that

Our Fox CH 23 was gone for about a year before the CV scare. Dish sent us an email saying that they were temporarily giving us our Fox Channel back under a temporary truce with the owner. We have had the channel back since then and it does have the Fox Logo next to it in the guide. When I first realized this a couple weeks after we got the channel back I still had my HWS. I tried turning PTAT off completely and then turned it back on the next day, but there was no difference. About a month after that I upgraded to H3. First thing I did on the H3 was turn on PTAT for all four networks. Same problem, the other three networks record every night, but no Fox. I can record shows on Fox individually or even recurring timers, but no PTAT. I guess the temporary agreement precludes them from recording it in PTAT?
That would seem to be the case. You are receiving Fox on a temporary health emergency basis and the temporary agreement doesn’t include PTAT.

Reactions: david_jr
Our Fox CH 23 was gone for about a year before the CV scare. Dish sent us an email saying that they were temporarily giving us our Fox Channel back under a temporary truce with the owner. We have had the channel back since then and it does have the Fox Logo next to it in the guide. When I first realized this a couple weeks after we got the channel back I still had my HWS. I tried turning PTAT off completely and then turned it back on the next day, but there was no difference. About a month after that I upgraded to H3. First thing I did on the H3 was turn on PTAT for all four networks. Same problem, the other three networks record every night, but no Fox. I can record shows on Fox individually or even recurring timers, but no PTAT. I guess the temporary agreement precludes them from recording it in PTAT?
When you are recording Fox shows during prime time, which tuner does your TV Activity screen say is being used for Fox? Are the shows being recorded on the same tuner as the other three networks (just without the automatic recording PTAT functionality for Fox) or is it using a separate tuner for Fox? This would go a long way in helping to determine whether the receiver is actually recognizing that the station is a Fox affiliate. For what it's worth, ever since I switched to Hopper Duo, I have gotten used to having to set separate timers for shows on the four major networks, but still having them record on the same tuner. That is the Hopper Duo's stripped-down version of the PTAT feature. (And also, of course, no AutoHop for any programming recorded with Hopper Duo.)

When you are recording Fox shows during prime time, which tuner does your TV Activity screen say is being used for Fox? Are the shows being recorded on the same tuner as the other three networks (just without the automatic recording PTAT functionality for Fox) or is it using a separate tuner for Fox? This would go a long way in helping to determine whether the receiver is actually recognizing that the station is a Fox affiliate. For what it's worth, ever since I switched to Hopper Duo, I have gotten used to having to set separate timers for shows on the four major networks, but still having them record on the same tuner. That is the Hopper Duo's stripped-down version of the PTAT feature. (And also, of course, no AutoHop for any programming recorded with Hopper Duo.)

I will check on that.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)