no auto hop option on ABC and NBC shows from last night? What's up with that

no auto hop on NBC and ABC from last night? What gives with that ?

My NBC and ABC shows from Sunday night PTAT have Autohop enabled.
Specially “Little Big Shots”, “Beverly Hills Dog Show” on NBC and “AFV@Home”, “American Idol” on ABC all have Autohop enabled.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hello, tasmithe. Certain networks require a delay on the availability of AutoHop on PrimeTime Anytime recordings. For ABC and NBC, that delay could be 1 or 4 days depending on your location.

Hello, tasmithe. Certain networks require a delay on the availability of AutoHop on PrimeTime Anytime recordings. For ABC and NBC, that delay could be 1 or 4 days depending on your location.
If ABC and NBC stations are not network owned, there will be no delay until next morning. My guess is TS woke up a little too early yesterday.

Reactions: pattykay
If ABC and NBC stations are not network owned, there will be no delay until next morning. My guess is TS woke up a little too early yesterday.
Back when I still had an original Hopper, I seem to remember seeing this issue anytime the Hopper did not properly complete its scheduled nightly reset. Maybe tasmisthe can try rebooting the Hopper, and see if the AutoHop option shows up after the reboot.

Reactions: TheKrell

Just came out on the portal today:

HOPPER MODEL RECEIVERS REBOOTING ON THEIR OWN

Hopper receivers may see 1599 "Your receiver is currently running a system check and will reboot shortly" error messaging and receivers may reboot on their own.

During this time, customers will be missing AutoHop and new receiver activations will not have access to Ch.1 / Ch.501. The next update will be provided upon status change.

Thank you,
IHS Portal Team

Just came out on the portal today:

HOPPER MODEL RECEIVERS REBOOTING ON THEIR OWN

Hopper receivers may see 1599 "Your receiver is currently running a system check and will reboot shortly" error messaging and receivers may reboot on their own.

During this time, customers will be missing AutoHop and new receiver activations will not have access to Ch.1 / Ch.501. The next update will be provided upon status change.

Thank you,
IHS Portal Team
...and, giving credit where it is due, that was originally posted by HipKat here:

Reactions: Howard Simmons
PTAT is still only recording 3 of our 4 networks. No Fox even though Dish gave us our local Fox back because of the Coronavirus it is not recorded in PTAT for some reason.
Does your Fox station have the Fox logo next to it in the guide? Maybe your receiver does not recognize it as being a Fox affiliate, thanks to the dispute. In my market (Cleveland, Ohio) before all of the Coronavirus local channel truces started, Dish had been preparing for a potential dispute with our ABC affiliate. We never lost the channel, but now the OTA version of WEWS does not have the ABC logo next to it in the guide. I realize that this is a separate issue from PTAT (which records the satellite-delivered feeds) but the issues could still be related somehow.

PTAT is still only recording 3 of our 4 networks. No Fox even though Dish gave us our local Fox back because of the Coronavirus it is not recorded in PTAT for some reason.

Perhaps Fox got removed from your PTAT settings when Dish removed your local Fox station. To check this do the following:
1) Hit the Home key twice and select Settings.
2) Select PrimeTime Anytime
3) Make sure Fox is listed under Channels to Record.
4) If Fox is not listed place a dot in the Fox box.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Perhaps Fox got removed from your PTAT settings when Dish removed your local Fox station. To check this do the following:
1) Hit the Home key twice and select Settings.
2) Select PrimeTime Anytime
3) Make sure Fox is listed under Channels to Record.
4) If Fox is not listed place a dot in the Fox box.
I would just add to this that even if Fox is listed, try unchecking Fox, and then select it again. Sometimes in the Hopper interface, items can look like they are selected even though they are actually not. Changing the setting and then changing it back can help fix these issues. I have had the Timer Defaults go back to their regular default settings instead of my custom settings many times, even though it looked like they were still set for my preferences. After changing each setting and then changing it back to what I wanted, new timers started functioning properly again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Our Fox CH 23 was gone for about a year before the CV scare. Dish sent us an email saying that they were temporarily giving us our Fox Channel back under a temporary truce with the owner. We have had the channel back since then and it does have the Fox Logo next to it in the guide. When I first realized this a couple weeks after we got the channel back I still had my HWS. I tried turning PTAT off completely and then turned it back on the next day, but there was no difference. About a month after that I upgraded to H3. First thing I did on the H3 was turn on PTAT for all four networks. Same problem, the other three networks record every night, but no Fox. I can record shows on Fox individually or even recurring timers, but no PTAT. I guess the temporary agreement precludes them from recording it in PTAT?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts